Du willst Teil der Revolution im Versicherungswesen sein?
Du bist fasziniert von neuen Technologien und ihren Auswirkungen auf den Versicherungsbereich? Du willst mit dabei sein, wenn die etablierte Versicherungswirtschaft in Deutschland und im Ausland fundamental verändert wird?
Wir sind ein solide finanziertes InsurTech Start-up mit einem erstklassigen Gründungsteam aus etablierten Fintech Entrepreneurs und führenden Versicherungsexperten. Leidenschaft, Einfachheit, Schnelligkeit, Flexibilität und Transparenz - das sind Kernwerte unseres Unternehmens, das wir gemeinsam mit Dir aufbauen wollen.
Worum es geht. At Coya, we are a team of passionate professionals, engineers, and data scientists from around the world who have assembled in Berlin to reboot the insurance industry. We work hard every day to improve the lives of our customers and welcome anyone who wants to join our mission and underwrite the future. #coyeah
Our engineering teams are literally at the core of everything we do … we are after all building an insurance company from the ground up! We are looking for a Senior Scala Backend Engineer (m/f/d) at Coya to play a leading role in our journey to revolutionise the insurance world .
While we are looking for someone who has a range of technical skills, we are also looking for someone that does the small things really well:
- Whatever the task that you take on you see it through
- You have fun with your work and with your co-workers
- You care about how your work and attitude affects those around you.
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job as a developer and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it.
- You are good at what you do but also don't mind admitting where you can improve
The work activities will include, amongst other things:
- Building new features for a distributed reactive system
- Working closely together with product managers to help define new features
- Participating in technical discussions about the technical roadmap
- Testing and documenting the systems you build
- DevOps Philosophy: Be responsible for building, deploying and running your code in production
- Add value to our business by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture and web services
Unser Angebot an dich.Sustainability. Insurance is our expertise, climate protection is our passion. And that's why our employees are given additional Green Leave days to do volunteer work. Furthermore, our office is climate-neutral, our electricity is green, the Christmas tree is replanted and we are always looking for new ways to improve.
Diversity. An international team with experienced colleagues from more than 25 nations. We continue to work hard on ourselves to make our team even more diverse - because we are convinced that only different perspectives can lead to a really good result.
Flexibility - Yes, please. Your job takes up a large part of your time. So you should also decide where and when exactly you work. We enable flexible working time models and generous home office arrangements even after the Corona pandemic.
Moving? No problem. We offer you visa support and financial assistance for relocation - for a facilitated start in Germany.
Stay healthy. With a discounted Urban Sports Club membership and the Humanoo App we help you to stay physically and mentally fit.
Worth cash money. We will make a 20% additional payment to your company pension scheme.
The classics. Ergonomic chairs and height-adjustable tables, a modern office in beautiful Berlin-Kreuzberg, team events, cultural lunches and a fridge full of cold soft drinks are just some of the classically meaningful benefits we offer.
Was du mitbringst.
As a plus:
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or any related field
- Experience with Scala
- Good experience with system architecture and software design patterns (like clean code)
- Previously worked in agile environments
- Used to working with TDD and automated testing
- Excited to support, mentor and teach more junior developers
- Able to work in an English-speaking working environment; German is a plus
- Acquainted with functional or reactive systems programming, in particular event streaming
- Experience in working with distributed and high-scalable systems
- Full-stack experience
- Experience in working with Terraform