About the opportunity
We empower N26 teams to deliver great customer value on easy-to-use platforms that are reliable, secure and compliant.
We are seeking a talented Senior Backend Engineer to evolve our product, powered by a microservice architecture predominantly written in Java 8 and Kotlin, using Spring Boot.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at N26, you will be encouraged to embrace the latest technological updates and given a platform to work on complex, interesting problems on a daily basis.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate closely with the team's Tech Lead on architecting new features and seeing them through to completion
- Mentor junior members in the team by relentlessly guarding code quality through pull requests and helping them when they have questions
Stay up to date with the latest trends in technology and be willing to actively propose findings during participation in our GSDD.
- Work within your cross-functional team to uphold the highest technical standards right across the product
What you need to be successful:
- Significant experience in developing software using Java 8 and Spring Boot in large-scale production systems
- Sound understanding of microservice architecture
- Deep knowledge of both relational and non-relational databases, preferably Postgres
- Appreciation of working in a modern cloud architecture, preferably with AWS
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong call to action and for getting things done
- Ongoing appreciation and consideration for security
- Motivation to write code which is well-tested and well-documented
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup Employer, named by LinkedIn two years running 🚀
- Health & Life insurance, Personal development budget, Spanish language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 24 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 28 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks and snacks in the office, Friday Celebrations once per month with pizza, wine, and beer, plus a monthly company-wide lunch and learn
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.