Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleAt Personio we are on the amazing journey of becoming the leading HR Platform in Europe!
The Integrations Tribe connects Personio with partners and applications, to improve our customer's experience and to empower the usage of our core product. We achieve that by building integrations according to the respective and relevant scope of each integration and the importance to our customers.
Since integrations are bi-directional, the tribe not only deals with self-built integrations with partners, but is also responsible for the public API and a good external developer experience, paving the way for partners and interested parties to integrate with us. The market place we build then forms the new home for them, making it the new center for integrations with Personio.
Like all our tribes we are a cross-functional group of engineers, designers and product managers from many different nationalities and backgrounds, spread across different locations and we continue to grow in 2022. Join us and help shape the Integrations Tribe journey for Personio.
About the role:
How we work:
- You will identify, document, and communicate technical improvements within the team domain
- You will contribute to the creation of internal team engineering standards
- You will coach and onboard junior and professional team members
- You will drive engineering team initiatives
- You will participate in functional case interviews
- You will drive technical discussions and communicate technical decisions to stakeholders
- You will write efficient, performant and extensible code using the right tools and patterns to implement the functionalities that add value to our customers
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, a Designer, a Product Manager and an Engineering Manager on one product vertical of our HR Management & Recruiting software.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to succeedWhat skills you should bring:
- 5+ years of software development experience using either Kotlin, Java or .NET
- Experience using Spring Boot in a microservice environment
- Track record of working in an agile setup using continuous deployment and delivery
- Experience with event driven architectures, domain driven design and eventual consistency
- Knowledge about resilience patterns
- Experience with containerisation and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred) in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Strong written and spoken English (level C1 on the CEFR scale)
Experience with the following is a bonus, not a must have:
- Experience in building publicly available APIs & services
- Experience in building SDKs and frameworks to streamline the internal usage of services
- Integrate with other platforms and services in a scaling way
- Experience in building marketplaces, partner platforms and scaling them up
What motivation and mentality you should bring:
- We want to build a category leader for HR software in Europe. You should bring passion for making lives of others (in our case: Employees and HR professionals) better.
- We are experiencing rapid growth and are “building our plane while flying it”. So bring your agile mindset to the table!
- Embrace feedback - no one is perfect, neither are we. So let’s make this an opportunity to praise and learn from each other.
- Proactive problem solver. You are willing to leave code and engineering practices in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Let’s grow together - share your knowledge, we will share ours!
- Humour. Have fun with us, learn with us from mistakes, and bring your good vibes.
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between mobility options: JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility