OUTFITTERY is the biggest personal shopping service for men in Europe. We’re for those who want a little more substance from style, more guidance and expertise - less rules and less routine. Because we believe that style is an unfolding story. We aim to inspire and empower - not dictate what to wear. We understand that style is a journey, and we’re here to guide the way. Every customer gets a personal selection of clothes, which our stylists create out of more than 100 brands - always considering his wishes and budget. He only pays for what he keeps. Our mission is to empower anyone to unlock their true style.
About the tech teams:
We are 35 engineers who work in teams of 3 to 6 engineers. We believe in keeping the teams small. Each team is responsible for their part of the platform - from concept through development until deployment and operation.
Our product managers are integrated into the dev teams and we work very closely together with our data scientists. Together we transform Outfittery towards a truly data driven vision that relies on machine learning algorithms to steer our business and thus our platform, too.
We’ve split this platform into ~60 microservices that communicate via direct REST calls and asynchronous messaging via RabbitMQ and Kafka. These services are written in Groovy, Java, and Kotlin. Our web applications use ReactJS. Overall we are pretty happy with this tech stack but we are planning to evolve that setup in the future. Currently we are in the process of migrating our deployment over to AWS. You could be part of the team as a Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x).
This will be your responsibilities:
- Building new and contributing to existing features that enable our customers to unlock their style.
- Ensuring documentation and specifications of technical features and projects within the team.
- Participate in the definition of the architecture for optimal solutions in regards to performance and reliability.
- Coaching and mentoring of fellow team members and creating a positive atmosphere within the team.
- End-to-end responsibility for your expert level subject matters to continuously improve our code, processes and projects.
- Ideally, you are open to on-call duties within the team.
This is what we like about people joining our team:
- Extensive experience creating excellent applications within the Spring Boot framework.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture ecoysystems to create highly performant and reliable services.
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (preferably PostgreSQL).
- You have DevOps mindset for monitoring and deploying code. Hands-on experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- You like to share your knowledge and experiences at conferences, on blogs or open source contributions and like to try out new technologies and mentor new engineers
- The ability to come up with solutions and the drive to improve things. Hence you enjoy having a great impact in a small team.
- Strong communication skills - fluent English is a must in our international team.
- Self-responsibility and proactiveness with a sense for excellence.
Reasons to join our team:
- An international and smart team which is eager to revolutionize shopping for men.
- A transparent company culture with highly motivated colleagues, which work on our ambitious goals - we love to celebrate them as well! Join us for our exciting team events.
- An exciting and responsible role with great impact.
- An honest and open feedback culture - 360°-degree feedback from your peers and your manager (vice versa).
- Individual development opportunities - want to attend a conference, take upon a course or go to a workshop? Do it, we support you financially.
- A newly refurbished, bright, open office space in Berlin - Kreuzberg - we have air-conditioning, too. We currently offer a full-time remote work setup.
- We love dog owners - you are welcome to bring your four-legged friend.
- We subsidize your retirement plan & offer fresh fruits, mate, fritz-spritz and beers after work.
Intrigued? Then send us your application with your salary expectations and possible starting date. Your contact person is Christian Richter.