At SimScale, our mission is to help engineers worldwide to develop their products faster, easier, and better. We are fascinated by the potential of simulation technology and work hard to make it easier and more accessible than ever before. To that end, we are building the world’s first completely web-based engineering simulation platform – bringing high-performance computing technology to the fingertips of every engineer and scientist in the world.
Shape the next generation of simulation technology together with a team of highly talented engineers, mathematicians, and computer scientists!
Was dich erwartetYour mission at SimScale is to continuously improve and extend the platform that serves our users. This means working on an increasingly complex service-oriented system, written mostly in Java, that handles large amounts of data and computation jobs while at the same time empowering a thriving community of users to collaborate and share simulation projects.
The variety of tasks will allow you to implement your knowledge in new and interesting ways, including designing data models and APIs for a complex application domain, carving out new microservices from existing code and writing new services. Other tasks related to running a cloud-based service-oriented architecture will include dealing with consistency and message-based communication. As we develop our own services, you will also be involved with "DevOps" topics, such as configuration management, the integration of monitoring and collecting metrics.
All things considered, you will play a decisive role in helping SimScale become the first company in the world to bring the related specialist software to the cloud!
Unsere AnforderungenMinimum qualifications:
- 5 years of professional experience in software development focusing on Java
- 3 years of extensive experience in developing RESTful cloud services and/or service-oriented systems
- Strong ownership-attitude: you want to deliver and maintain solid parts of the product
- Data-driven mindset: you act on the insights from errors and usage data
- A course of studies in Computer Science with the focus on software engineering or a comparable training with corresponding professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge in distributed computing and microservices
- Sensibility towards IT security and the topic of concurrency
- Involvement in open source projects
Was wir zu bieten haben
- An international and enthusiastic team with high technical expertise, dedication, and lots of fun
- An attractive startup atmosphere with flat hierarchies
- An independent, professional work environment
- Fun team events
- Ambitious, self-responsible tasks and projects that leave space for creativity and offer the chance to learn a lot in a short time
- Flexible working hours
- The chance to provide thousands of engineers with the next generation of simulation technology that helps them be better at what they do best: designing the products of tomorrow
Weitere InformationenWould you like to work in an “engine room”, meaning working on the core of a cutting-edge distributed web application, chasing bugs or designing effective, efficient and elegant solutions? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application via our online application system (including project list and salary requirements).