The Merchant Growth Tribe’s mission is to build an ecosystem of simple yet powerful products for our 1.5m+ merchants around the world which will help them grow their business. In addition to our core product, the Point-of-Sale (POS) application, the teams within the Tribe also provide merchants with invoicing and eCommerce solutions.
Beyond this, we aim to expand SumUp’s ecosystem with additional products and services such as accounting, marketing, loyalty and business analytics, all available in one place. The products we develop strengthen SumUp’s value proposition and ability to serve small merchants around the world.
What you’ll do
- Help evolve our mobile Point-of-Sale solution, an integral part of SumUp used by hundreds of thousands of people.
- Write high quality, testable code, used by millions of people daily.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and product managers in your team and across other teams to develop simple and delightful solutions for our merchants.
- Mentor other engineers in engineering principles, design and implementation.
To accomplish this, you’ll use these tools
- Robolectric, Mockito, Espresso
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 8+ years of experience in Android development with solid expertise in Kotlin.
- You have 3+ years of experience in API design and/or Domain Driven Design.
- You have experience managing the whole lifecycle of an app with a large and diverse user base
- You are familiar with developing and integrating libraries into apps, and with performing modularisation of complex projects.
- You have good writing skills and you’re able to communicate your ideas and designs effectively.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability and making the interface beautiful.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll work in an exciting and complex domain, affecting the everyday life of millions of merchants.
- You’ll collaborate with other talented people in designing and implementing solutions that empower our merchants to pursue their passion.
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.