About the opportunity:
The FinCrime segment is responsible for the systems for managing anti money laundering and fraud risks as well as aspects of user authentication and customer risk. This segment will expand to meet additional challenges around the KYC process and additional customer risk mitigation processes with internal tools and ML as well as through the integration of third-party platforms. Our goals for 2021 are to enable new features coming out that depend on risk mitigation for compliance and for reducing the financial impact of fraud.
The particular team where this role sits is going to deal with aspects of identity. The primary challenge is with user, device verification and protecting accounts from being created or hijacked by bad players.
In this role you will:
- Work in cross-functional teams, understand how the entire puzzle fits together instead of just being a solitary piece
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Ask "Why?" and be prepared to be asked "What do you think about it?"
- Engage in knowledge-sharing within your team as well as beyond
- Understand and work with Agile development methodologies
You will be the perfect fit if:
- You strive to build Android applications that can be summarized as RSA - Responsive, Slick and Attractive. You also understand why RSA is important for a Mobile Bank from a cryptographic point of view.
- Code quality tingles your senses - you can see, feel and smell the difference between good and bad architecture.
- You engage in proactive software development but still understand Reactive programming paradigms.
- Test cases are the first things you think of before building a feature and the last things you check before pushing your code.
What you bring along:
- Deep knowledge of Kotlin (we use it for our Backend as well!)
- Thorough experience with the Android Open Source Platform and Jetpack libraries
- Experience with Thread Handling - RxJava for maintaining and Coroutines for new features
- Good exposure to modularization and dependency injection
- Able to build software with a focus on testability - Test/Behavior Driven Development, Dependency Injection
- Experience with android infrastructure paradigms (Optimizing build times, Gradle plugins)
- Experience with CI/CD for mobile
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, German language classes, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has re-imagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status