The mission of the Merchant Bank Tribe at SumUp is to create a service which solves the challenges small business owners face every day, providing them with secure instant access to their funds and a transparent overview of their transactions. And this is just the beginning!
We started with mPOS seven years ago and now our portfolio includes invoicing, P2P, debit card, e-commerce and other card not present solutions that are still in the oven.
Banking services is a new domain in our ever growing ecosystem. It extends our product portfolio allowing small and medium-sized businesses to operate end to end on a single platform.
We are planning many new exciting features and that’s why we are looking for a motivated and creative Senior Android Developer to join our team.
If you share our passion for changing the status quo by building revolutionary products in an agile way, then you would be a great fit for our team. We’ll create some great success stories together!
What you’ll do
- You’ll be building our banking mobile app, providing banking operations for our merchants across Europe.
- You’ll shape how our merchants get verified to comply with the law. Yes, we do it the smart way and we involve technology heavily thanks to our collaboration with our partners.
- In the first few weeks, you'll dive into the code and learn how to create clean components in our codebase. You'll use this knowledge to start developing and refining features. You'll learn how we write tests and how we keep performance tip-top.
- In the first three months, you'll develop major features that impact our merchant base. You'll work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful. You'll help us re-think problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve.
- By the end of your first year, you'll have a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain, as well as its implications in the interface and in the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You're comfortable with Java/Kotlin and the Android ecosystem (3+ years of development experience).
- You also know how to get things done on the command line.
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write flexible tests that won't break.
- You care about user interaction, usability, and of course, making the interface beautiful.
- You strive for clean code, but also know how to make your "shortcuts" easy to delete in a crunch.
- You love coding and take the time to reflect on all aspects of your implementation, be it the frameworks, languages or processes.
- You're not afraid to use Google or ask for help when something is beyond your grasp.
- Your precise communication skills make working in a distributed team effective and efficient.
- You know what MVP and MVVM are.
- You want to work with gRPC.
- You are aware of what Maven repositories are and how libraries are distributed.
- Technology excites you and you strive to learn something new on a daily basis.
- You are open-minded and ready to explore 3rd party SDKs, solutions, benchmarking, integrate and test (we want only the best for our customers).
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll have the opportunity to help build our digital bank, impacting millions of merchants across Europe.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies and with high autonomy.
- You'll have the space to drive your career here and take ownership of projects.
- You’ll be part of a diverse and international team.
- You'll attend global offsites/hackathons/team events.
- You'll receive competitive compensation and have access to an education budget.
- You’ll receive 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp.
- We offer additional health insurance, a subsidized Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.