If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
We are looking for Senior Agile Coach that can help us scale the product and engineering organization while staying truly agile and world-class in execution and delivery.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain.
Our engineering teams build the user experiences that disrupt the logistics market. You will work closely with our squads, the product, and engineering leadership team and the rest of the organization to help scale the organization and our ways of working, take ownership of major initiatives and help teams succeed.
We believe in giving our autonomous teams a challenging mission and look for leaders that can phrase the mission for teams and like to build, grow and guide our engineering team to its full potential. You foster collaboration, lead by example and thrive in a fast-paced environment while providing vision and strategy to the teams and help them execute. This role is reporting directly into the CTO.
Your challenge will be:
- You work closely together with Product, Engineering and Design to help define and continuously improve our outcome-based ways of working and help teams move from “doing agile” to “being agile”
- As we scale the organization alignment between stakeholders and teams is crucial to build and drive the product roadmap defines and run the planning process that suits the business
- Promote and support agile practices across the product and engineering teams and help the teams to continuously deliver value and continuously improve.
- You are data-driven and create visibility into the team’s wellbeing and progress by providing the right metrics and KPIs around their ways of working, product quality, etc.
- You support the delivery of major features and consumer value by planning, coordinating the delivery and release of complex cross-team engineering initiatives.
- You identify and take care of bottlenecks and impediments that block the team’s progress and you can turn around impediments quickly and know how to navigate the organization to do so.
- Identifying key cross-team decisions, facilitate discussions that drive to consent and negotiating scope and trade-offs for delivery
- Manage progress, risks, and issues for your teams and stakeholders
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and the wider community to explain what’s going on
- Help us build the sennder engineering culture and encourage openness and transparency where we celebrate success and failure
- Facilitate a collaborative, innovative, well-managed and customer-focused culture
To get there you will need:
- You have experience influencing across the organization and drive change.
- You go beyond the standard Agile textbook examples, constantly challenge the status quo and look for continuous improvements. What works today won’t work tomorrow and we can always do better.
- Communication is key and you can communicate effectively, exchange information within the team and across teams, and you help us ensure we all speak the same language and go out of the room with the same understanding.
- There is no one size fits all when it comes to people and you understand the impact on others and adapt your approach to the situation and context.
- We won’t tell you what the next step is, so you need to be self–motivated, driven to succeed, focused on results and passionate about the job.
- We want to disrupt the logistics industry in Europe which means we need to be able to adapt. You enjoy reacting to changing business needs, cultures, conditions and work responsibilities.
- You are fluent in English and French
What we will be offering:
- A successful startup in its hyper-growth phase
- An atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement, including brown bag sessions and every second Friday for projects of your choice
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- A modern office in the heart of Berlin with coffee, free beverages, and a gym!
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
- Regular home office
- A competitive salary
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.