As part of the SumUp team, you will help to change the lives of more than 40 million low income, unbanked Brazilians creating new and comprehensive financial services we have been building from scratch. We are 2000+ SumUpers around the globe, 950+ only in Brazil you’ll be empowered to help us build all the necessary finance reports, analysis, processes and controls.
If you’re a fast-learner and data driven, and you're excited about working in a startup environment and empowering small business owners, we’d love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Prepare journal entries and accounting routines.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams, being the main responsible to create accounting routines, controls and reports to support product and features launch.
- Support business processes including budgeting, KPI monitoring, cash flow and P&L.
- Prepare financial statements according with IFRS.
- Prepare reconciliation of general ledger according with best practices:
- In charge of revenue accounting;
- Control performer (mainly general ledger controls);
- Prepare ad-hoc reports;
- External/Internal audit assistance.
You'll be great for this position if
- You have experience in accounting and preparing financial statements according to IFRS and BRGAAP.
- You have experience providing information and attending the external auditors.
- You have Excel ninja skills. Python and SQL knowledge to automate manual tasks and extract data would be greatly appreciated.
- You have a University Degree in Accounting +3 years.
- You have a Brazilian CPA Certificate (CRC).
- You are fluent in Portuguese and English - you'll be working in a truly global company.
- You have previous experience at a Big4 company and with ERP S4/HANA are a plus.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- You'll be part of an amazing team and work environment that works with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies.
- We have flexible working hours - you make your own schedule and have the freedom to align with the team if you want to work from home.
- We have great benefits: transport voucher or parking space, meal voucher, Gympass, healthcare insurance (dental optional) and life insurance.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.