Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As a part of our team you will contribute to the determination and quantification of the nutritional value of our crops. You will analyze plant chemical components and how those affect human health. Lastly, you will collaborate with product development and marketing on highlighting the important nutrition facts each crop is offering.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons.
- Finding in collaboration with Infarm’s Crop Quality team the technology, measuring techniques and protocols to create the nutrition profile of all products.
- Analyzing plant chemical components, how do they function metabolically, physiologically, and biochemically on humans.
- Using technology to determine plant nutritional value and effects of post-processing on this value.
- Providing those plant nutrition facts to marketing and highlighting their benefits on human health.
- Communicating findings and results to stakeholders in written technical reports and oral presentations.
- Building a team of nutritionists.
- At least a Master’s degree in nutrition, chemistry or biochemistry.
- At least 3 years of working experience in the food industry.
- Knowledge in statistical analysis.
- Knowledge in experimental design.
- “Hands-on” approach and proactive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to solve problems, consider relevant alternatives before making decisions and conviction in making recommendations.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
Special Things We Would Like to See
- Knowledge in technology, techniques, and protocols to defining nutrient profiles of foods.
- Design and build laboratory equipment for research purposes.
- Good reporting and presentation skills.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.