About the Opportunity
Let us grow your career! As a Sales Development Representative joining our EMEA sales team, you’ll have a direct impact on the growth of the company by managing our lead pipeline while identifying leads and sales opportunities with an emphasis on driving outbound activities. In addition, you will have the opportunity to refine our sales prospecting techniques.
What to expect?
- Partner with Account Executives to drive sales pipeline for our DACH customers
- Achieve monthly and quarterly goals of qualification calls and qualified opportunities with prospective customers
- You effectively maintain engagement with our existing prospects through an adaptable and personalised approach
- Partner with, and help to build the pipelines of Territory and Named Account Executives who will assist in developing and sharpening your skills through consistent feedback.
- Documenting various details including use case, stakeholders, vendor decision process, next steps
- Prioritizing opportunities and applying appropriate internal resources
- Use and keep Salesforce.com up-to-date for lead management and sales forecasting
- Ensure a timely follow-up with all prospects
What you need to be successful
- College / University Degree educated
- Multi-lingual preferred (English and German fluency required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs, objectives and challenges
- Ability to proactively qualify customer needs
- Ability to understand the business opportunity, and to articulate it to the sales team, by understanding the prospect’s use case and requirements well and how Contentful fits into the customer’s goals
- Ability to build rapport with prospects, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Self starter, doesn’t wait for things to happen, but pro-actively takes action to move the conversation forward
- Willingness to travel (up to 10%)
- Ability to follow the set processes, update the relevant systems diligently, and make suggestions on improvements where required
- Detail oriented and data driven
- Technical understanding and keen interest for technology
- Customer-first mindset, where you and company wins by helping our customers to be successful.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.