Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
About the Infarm Japan Team
Infarm Japan has successfully launched its operations in Japan in January 2021 and aims to expand further in the greater Tokyo area. We are looking for a Project Manager Architect to take the company’s operations to the next level. Your tasks range from the planning of all of Infarm’s facilities as well as collaboration with our partners, governmental stakeholders and external contractors in order to set up indoor farming systems in Tokyo and beyond. You will be working on all scales with an international team of Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, Product Designers and many others based in Tokyo and Berlin.
Who You Are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow as we grow.
- Responsible for managing the entire building’s activation process, from site selection and technical due diligence up to a successful and timely handover of the building.
- Responsibilities include the complete project management and supervision, overall quality, budget and schedule for the project. Including planning and supervision of all planners, consultants hiring and coordination, tendering supervision, construction site guidance and site management together with our external consultants and contractors.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of different projects varying from our large farming-hub buildings to interior design of showrooms, offices and special installations.
- Professional degree in Architecture or Engineering (Dipl.Ing - M.Sc or similar)
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in the building sector, including experience in both planning and execution supervision in Japan.
- Experience in taking projects from start to completion including all planning and execution phases.
- Experience in typical project management activities including timeline and budget control.
- Experience in tendering processes guidance and site management supervision done by external consultants.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of building laws, city approvals processes and code compliance testing.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience in writing project specifications and tender documents for the Japanese market is preferred.
- Fluency in Autodesk Revit is prefered.
- Fluency in Japanese and English with very good communication skills is required.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm Japan as we expand across the country and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Employees' pension insurance, health insurance, unemployment insurance, and workers' compensation insurance in accordance with laws and regulations
- Commuting allowance
- Access to WeWork, complete with high-speed Internet, printers, drinks, phone booths, and other office essentials
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.