sennder is Europe’s leading digital freight forwarder. In a traditional industry we are moving fast to digitize and automate all road logistics processes. We are a growing team looking for a Program Manager, Carrier Engagement to help us on our journey to revolutionize road freight logistics. You would join our Carrier Engagement team in the Amsterdam office.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives our innovation and we offer a collaborative, dynamic and international work environment. Just be yourself. We are excited to meet you and for you to join us in shaping the future of the logistics industry in Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Program manager - Carrier Engagement you’ll work on interesting responsibilities like focusing on carrier retention, engagement (including incentives, benefits, etc.) and reactivation. The role is a central function and will be based in our Berlin or Amsterdam office. You will work in close partnership with other product and program managers to ensure the best experience for our carriers
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Drive retention and reactivation efforts: You will be responsible for building the ecosystem of offerings that help a carrier manage their business and to move multiple repeat loads with sennder.
- Decrease operating costs for carriers: our scale gives us access to partnerships and deals that wouldn’t otherwise be available to SMB carriers. You’ll need to partner with the “Value-Added Services” business development team to identify, unlock, and drive carrier adoption across a core set of key benefits.
- Define the segmentation strategy for “high-value” carriers: you will need to define carrier “tiers” that consider lifecycle maturity and overall engagement levels.
- Improve supply density and liquidity: peak periods of demand don’t always align with peak periods of supply. Finding creative ways to leverage comms and incentives to smooth these curves, and drive more supply engagement across strategic corridors will be a critical challenge.
- Ensure carrier quality and compliance: Our ability to deliver on promises to shippers will be a part of your responsibility. Building trigger-based, actioning frameworks that waitlist, deactivate and reactivate carrier accounts where appropriate.
PREFERABLY YOU ARE…
- Experienced working across multiple dimensions of freight forwarding business, ideally in digital environments.
- Comfortable working in hyper-growth and fast-paced environments (consulting, investment banking, PE/VC-backed companies, etc), with experience in project management and analytics.
Equipped with in-depth insight into and hands-on experience in product visioning and product management, as you will influence product road-map decisions
- Data driven and have an analytical mindset
- Experienced in making complex problems easy by breaking them down into many smaller tasks, driving these to the lowest cost delivery location, and ultimately “productizing” to enable machines to do the work
Customer centric: the best growth strategy is one that focuses on the customer. A passion for working directly with customers and leveraging customer relationships to build company strategy is a must.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization.
Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast growing, start-up-oriented international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
- A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We also provide flex/hybrid remote working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.