Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system using IoT technology that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food. In Berlin, we have already built the biggest urban farming network in the world, which produces an equivalent of food grown on 350.000 sqm. farmland, with 95% less water, 99% space, and 90% fewer transportation requirements.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
As a Production Operations Manager you will ensure the smooth running of our plant production and guarantee that only the best plants reach our customers by adhering to hygiene and quality standards. You will be responsible for the management, development and expansion of the production team and will provide creative solutions for operational challenges. You bring a high degree of personal responsibility and initiate or lead projects to increase efficiency and productivity
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Lead the Infarm Plant Hub team in our production hub, consisting of plant production & packaging, facility technician and warehouse employees
- Train, develop, and support your direct reports and their teams to promote a highly professional, positive and engaging work environment
- Work closely with Head of Production to plan and control production processes and capacities, and nursery operations planning
- Take ownership of employee scheduling, stock management, and provide your team with the tools and support they need to succeed
- Ensure that specification-compliant quality is maintained and delivered, taking into account the agreed service level
- Ensure compliance with legal and company regulations, especially in the area of occupational health and safety
- Work closely with Head of Production to optimise relevant performance indicators based on a structured improvement program along with the People team on hiring, employee relations and training
- Coordinate and manage projects, such as the introduction of new product types or regulatory requirements
- This position will be based out of our plant production hub servicing the Halifax metro area in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.
- 4+ years of total professional experience to include 2+ years of operations management experience in a production facility along with a degree or equivalent years of relevant professional experience
- Food & beverage or agricultural sector expertise a strong plus
- Dedicated leadership personality with excellent communication skills
- You are confident working in a rapidly changing environment with a continuous development of structure and processes
- Your approach to work is characterized by result orientation and you have strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally including driving a car
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record and ability to drive on behalf of the company in own, rented or company car
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers (
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
20 days of accrued paid time off annually plus holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.