About the opportunity
As a Product Manager in the Content Operations Group, together with a cross-functional team of designers, researchers, and engineers, you will be responsible for driving the strategy of the content platform that enables our customers to build great digital experiences. As Contentful transitions from a successful B2B SaaS startup to a “scale-up” company, our group is responsible for extending the platform’s capabilities with a special focus on orchestrating content flows between multiple content repositories and services. This is a new position on a new team that will focus on platform-level improvements that enable our customers to build ever more experiences with Contentful.
What to expect?
- Own and understand customers and stakeholders’ needs and pain points. Then size, prioritize, and work with your cross-functional team to envision and build the very best solutions.
- Collaborate with Design, Research, and Engineering to define, scope, and deliver the right solutions iteratively.
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to tackle ambitious initiatives that span multiple product teams.
- Use data to demonstrate the scope of opportunities you uncover.
- Work with Product Marketing and business teams to make pricing, packaging, and business model decisions that contribute to customer success and revenue growth.
- Work with the Contentful management team to make investments in the opportunities you discover.
- Communicate broadly to the company about upcoming plans and opportunities, and be an evangelist for your team’s interests within the company.
What you need to be successful?
- You’re a Product Manager with at least 2 years of experience building and bringing B2B SaaS products to market; bonus points for experience in content management, web development, or publishing.
- You have a technical background, and demonstrated experience designing and implementing technical solutions.
- You have firsthand experience doing customer research, both generative and evaluative.
- You’re a strong communicator and are comfortable explaining technical concepts to stakeholders, customers, and prospects.
- You’re able to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team.
- You have demonstrated stakeholder management skills, and are capable of trading off the needs and requests of multiple internal departments.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.