At Holoplot, we develop innovative hardware and software solutions to push the boundaries of what you thought loudspeakers are capable of: Using real-time wave field synthesis and 3D beamforming, our systems enable a radically new approach to sonically outstanding, high-quality speech and music reproduction, even in the acoustically most challenging environments.
We build our products with love for music, commitment to the highest possible quality, and a passion for disrupting the status quo.
In 2017, we were honored with the SXSW Innovation Award, but we are far from done yet: Being nominated one of the 50 most innovative companies in the world, we have embarked on the mission to develop the most revolutionary live entertainment sound system in the world.
What you will do
HOLOPLOT is a pro audio company from Berlin. Since early 2011, we have been working on radically transforming audio technology by re-thinking the underlying physics of sound reproduction.
We have recently launched the HOLOPLOT X1 Matrix Array, the sound system for a new era, a powerful tool that brings previously inaccessible capabilities to the world of audio - enabling a completely new way of designing and experiencing sound in 3D.
At the heart of all HOLOPLOT sound systems is our planning and design tool, HOLOPLOT Plan. It enables our clients to create system designs for a wide array of applications. These can include systems optimized to provide perfect audio quality across an entire venue, or even creating immersive audio experiences that engulf the audience in omni-directional sound!
We are seeking a talented Product Designer to join our team - you will be the person in charge of making our highly technical product a piece of cake to use for our professional clients.
This is a high-impact role - you will be leading the design of HOLOPLOT Plan, one of our core software products, a user-centric desktop application (Mac and Windows) for acoustic engineers to design, simulate and configure HOLOPLOT sound systems.
- Join an empowered and cross-functional product development team of talented and passionate individuals from different backgrounds.
- Collaborate continuously with product managers and engineers to design and build a product that our customers love. Participate in all phases of the product, from discovery to delivery to iteration.
- Develop a deep understanding of your customers, their pain points, and jobs-to-be-done. Start with the customer experience and work backward.
- Drive product discovery in a structured, continuous and collaborative manner.
- Conduct user research and user testing.
- Validate and communicate your ideas by creating early UX prototypes and wireframe proposals.
- Establish and lead design processes and methodologies within your team and beyond.
- Collaborate with other product teams at HOLOPLOT to ensure our product ecosystem is providing an integrated and seamless experience for our customers.
- Work within a living Design System, pulling from and contributing to our Component Library.
- Facilitate co-creation workshops in cross-functional setups (product, tech, research, sales, etc.).
- Foster a culture of mutual trust and close collaboration within your team.
What you need to succeed in this role
- You are a full-stack product designer, at ease with both UX and UI design methodologies.
- You have 3+ years of experience working on technology-powered software products as a product designer in cross-functional teams.
- You are passionate about creating a highly technical 3D sound system design tool that is intuitive and efficient to use.
- You are familiar with or have a strong interest in audio software or acoustics.
- You are able to design solutions for hard problems with many constraints.
- You can turn your ideas into functional prototypes and designs quickly enabling fast validation and iteration.
- You have a great feeling for visual harmony.
- You like to work in cross-functional teams, but you are also comfortable working autonomously.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of the methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- You are enthusiastic and experienced in conducting UX research focused on a very technical, professional user group.
- You enjoy challenging yourself and your teammates to continuously improve and build a product our customers love.
- You are able to work under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the smarts and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary.
- You have built software products in the audio domain (professional or consumer).
- You are familiar with 3D audio and/or Audio-Beamforming.
- You are familiar with the design principles of 3D applications for animation/modeling like Sketchup, Vectorworks, Rhino, Blender, etc.
- You have strong UX writing skills for user interfaces.
- You have experience working with Figma and/or Abstract + Sketch
We offer you
Sounds good? Apply now and let's shape the future of sound together!
- The opportunity to take part in an industry-changing journey, working at the forefront of audio technology together with a world-class team
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to make an impact from day one
- A highly motivating environment where you can grow and learn by working on incredibly ambitious challenges with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Competitive salary and an attractive company pension scheme
- 30 days of annual leave, flexible working hours, flexible working-from-home policy
- A modern office located on the south end of Tempelhofer Field overlooking the old airport
- Weekly team lunch and discounted Urban Sports membership
- An annual budget for individual professional development
- Relocation budget to Berlin and assistance with the visa process
Further InformationHOLOPLOT is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOLOPLOT appreciates and celebrates the diversity within the company. Therefore, people of all genders, gender identities, any ethnic and religious background, national origin, age, marital or economic status, are encouraged to apply. We are strengthened by diversity and we strive to provide a flexible work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly, and with respect.