At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that power large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb and Facebook but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then a job at Prisma might be for you.
With funding from top-tier Silicon Valley investors Amplify Partners and Kleiner Perkins we are a small and dedicated team in Berlin working on making advanced data infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Prisma you will be part of a vibrant community. Prisma users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
We're a small and dedicated team, with ample funding. We believe that good design is at the core of great developer experience, and well-considered products and interfaces continue being our competitive advantage.
What does a Product Designer do at Prisma?
As a Product Designer at Prisma you'll be working closely with Product Management and Engineering on building and shipping products for developers and teams of all sizes.
- Take ambiguous and sometimes highly technical problem spaces and help the team explore and visualize product direction.
- Design flows, prototypes and high-quality visuals for our product's interfaces, marketing and documentation websites, and brand and marketing collateral.
- Gather and incorporate feedback from your peers, cross-functional partners and people using our products.
- Work closely with engineers and hold responsibility for the quality of the shipped experience.
- Help build and evolve our internal design system
One of the most exciting aspects of working at a young company is the opportunity to influence both company culture and direction, and we're hoping you'll bring a unique perspective that'll challenge the way we do things and develop the role of design further.
We believe the right candidate could be described as follows:
- Have a 2+ year track record designing and shipping complex tools and experiences in teams with product managers and engineers.
Be a generalist or with a generalist mindset- there's equal opportunities to be impactful designing APIs or command-line interfaces and crafting high-quality visuals for tools and marketing materials (sometimes within the same day).
- Effective English written and spoken communication skills.
- Some front-end engineering experience and knowledge of relational databases.
- Bonus points for experience designing developer-focused products and passion for the builder mindset.
If you only meet some of these requirements, please feel free to reach out to us regardless. Some of these could very well be learnt on the job.
What is it like to work at Prisma?
You're likely to be a great fit for the team if you ...
... have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you'll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
... stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
... be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
We are a remote-first organisation with an office based in Berlin, Germany. Whether you would like to work remotely, or from the office in Berlin is up to you! We are open to discussing relocation assistance if you would like to join us in Berlin.
That being said, for the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are restricted to hiring remote employees from a timezone band ranging from UTC -5 to UTC +3 (Coordinated Universal Time).
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a team of world-class engineering, product, and design experts.
- Be part of a thriving startup funded by Silicon Valley's top tier investors Kleiner Perkins and Amplify Partners.
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools.
- We provide a Competitive Base Salary in line with industry standards for similar positions.
- As an early-stage startup we also provide competitive Stock-Option Grants with a 10 year exercise window.
24 Days paid vacation per year.
4 Mental Health days per year.
Fully Paid Parental Leave up to 20 weeks.
- [US] Health, Dental, Vision + 401k Matching
Generous Tech Budget to make sure you have all the hardware that you need.
Ergonomic Chair subsidy.
- Access to your local co-working space if you prefer to work from an external location to your home.
What is the process like?
Our recruitment process for this role follows the structure below (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
Introductory Call with someone from our Talent Acquisition Team.
First Interview with the VP of Product.
Technical Interview with a Product Designer.
Take Home Challenge (with compensation).
Debrief: Take Home Challenge & Portfolio presentation to a panel.
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your Resume/CV, portfolio and any other links or documentation that you think might be relevant. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.