We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do at SumUp, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
Product Design Lead you will be joining the Lending Tribe, working to provide our micro and small merchants, traditionally underserved by credit institutions, access to capital. We are injecting capital into millions of existing and new merchants' businesses to foster their sustainability and growth through credit products!
We empower our people to own their work end-to-end, so you’ll be leading the product from a design perspective, having a holistic approach on the experience, from discovery to delivery - always keeping in mind our customers and their interests! That means having a head for strategy as well as having the skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved with the details of making great products.
As we put the merchant at the center of every decision we need a strong leader that constantly advocates and drives a human-centered design approach. You will support the team by applying your craft, delivering on our commitment to design excellence, while also driving the evolution of our processes and guidelines.
What you’ll do
- You’ll lead design for the lending product. You’ll build up the product design and research functions within the lending tribe as the product grows, including hiring, people management, mentoring and organizational development.
- You’ll lead user research in the tribe. From driving and executing strategic user research initiatives to inform the development of the product, to creating a continuous learning environment where every team member is exposed to relevant insights from customers to drive their decision-making.
- From wire-framing to designing end-to-end flows and prototypes, you will be in charge of designing products that solve problems in a simple and elegant way while taking care of every small detail.
- You will be supporting and improving our design system together with other designers.
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have 7+ years of experience in designing world-class complex apps with strong focus on UX and understanding of human behaviour.
- Your design practice is rooted in inclusive design and you have experience designing experiences for underrepresented segments of customers.
- You have experience managing designers and are passionate about developing their skills and careers.
- Your design process is end-to-end : lead in research and product discovery, define conceptual foundation for design solutions, execute excellent UX flows, apply visual design systems, prototype using a variety of tools and methods, create production ready designs, participate or conduct usability testing, support multi-disciplinary teams during implementation and understand the impact of the designs in production.
- You have hands-on experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods, and you know how to connect different sources of primary and secondary insight to inform impactful product decisions.
- You’re fluent in analytics. You’re used to analysing customer segments, user behaviour within the product, as well as defining and measuring usability and product success KPIs.
- Ideally, you're fluent in Portuguese.
Why you should join SumUp
- Remote first is our working model. Our tribe members are distributed across Europe and Brazil, and you may choose to work from where it works best for you. We believe that face to face interactions are key to building trust and an amazing team. So you will be expected to meet your colleagues and come to one of our offices from time to time. Currently most of us go at least once per month into the office closest to our homes.
- We’re one of the most innovative fintech players in Europe as well as North and South America.
- You will be working directly with our payment terminals we build in-house from scratch.
- We’re a truly global team of 3000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents. We have a close, welcoming and international community. We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football, office parties and cooking dinners ;)
- 28 days’ paid leave
- SumUp Corporate Pension Plan
- Yoga classes, running & football teams, game room and gym in the office, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership
- Learning & development budget for attending conferences and external training
- A lot of other cool benefits such as Subsidized Public Transport Card (BVG), Language Learning platform (Babbel Premium), Kita/Kindergarten placement assistance, relocation assistance, and a brand new beautiful place to work in the heart of Berlin!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.