At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there, we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants.
Joining our Verification team will be exciting for you, if you like to be part of a diverse team, whose focus is to ensure an automated and seamless onboarding journey for all SumUp merchants across the globe. In other words, you get to work on the core of the SumUp products, while drawing knowledge from a fast-growing global team of analysts. Your mission is to think end to end, making sure that we have a robust analytical journey in this area and are constantly improving our processes. We will also rely on your expertise to improve the analytical capabilities of all your team members.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and build data sources, extract and transform data, build visualizations and generate actionable insights for the Verification team
- You’ll challenge and improve the overall KPIs and metrics that help us to control the verification and onboarding activities of SumUp
- You’ll identify areas of improvement in our verification processes by exploring our KYC data and setting up experiments
- You’ll provide insights in a consumer-friendly way and establish a data culture in your team that is about self-service analytics, measuring what matters and acting upon facts
- You’ll be a liaison between the Verification team and other internal teams interested in KYC data
- You’ll formulate requirements for our data warehousing design
- One of your first focuses will be to measure the success of our verification and onboarding activities
You'll be great for this position if:
- You have work experience in data analytics (4+ yrs)
- You have work experience in an Agile environment
- You have strong SQL skills
- You have work experience with Tableau or other BI tools
- Experience with business process improvement is considered a strong advantage
- Experience with A/B testing and event tracking platforms is considered an advantage
- Experience with KYC/AML is considered an advantage
- You’re curious and adaptable and like to think holistically as well as going into detail
- You have an analytical mindset and enjoy having great autonomy in structuring your work as well as coming up with your own hypotheses
- You have great communication skills and can break down complex or technical topics into valuable business information
- You are fluent in English - you'll be part of a truly global company!
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll have the opportunity to build state-of-the-art infrastructure, enable advanced analytics, work with modern technologies alongside a great team.
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact as we work in flat hierarchies and with high autonomy.
- You’ll be part of a diverse and international team.
- You'll receive access to a dedicated education budget.
- You’ll receive 25 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp.
- We offer additional health insurance, a subsidized Multisport card, free shuttle buses from Joliot-Curie metro station and other great benefits.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful in doing what they love.