You have probably used our card readers to buy a cappuccino or pay your hairdresser already. In Hardware, we are passionate about creating these beautifully designed card payment devices and accessories that enable our merchants to start, run, and grow their own businesses. In doing so, we deal with a diverse range of engineering topics - industrial and electronic design, embedded systems, all the way to mobile apps and backend services.
As a Product Analyst you’ll be working closely with the Product Managers and Engineers in the Hardware tribe, and also the global Data Analytics team to uncover insights and help drive forward our built in-house, from scratch payment devices.
We believe in open communication and constant learning over strict rules. If you're looking for the chance to innovate and help millions of small independent merchants succeed - join us!
What you’ll do
- Work closely with product managers and product marketing managers to define success metrics and provide insights that feedback into product development
- Deliver accurate and reliable data reporting and analysis to steer the overall tribe strategy and performance
- Collaborate with the wider Data team in the development and maintenance of our global measurement framework and best practices including but not limited to KPI library, data dictionary, data quality monitoring, and reporting strategy
- Promote a culture of data-driven experimentation by helping colleagues to measure what matters and analyse the results of what delivers the most value to our merchants
- Establish a strong data culture in the tribe by providing accessible self-service analytics tools and coaching
- Formulate requirements for the Data Engineering team concerning your team business needs
- Lead business intelligence projects end-to-end including strategy development, planning, execution & delivery, and documentation of learnings
- Enhance SumUp's global business reports (e.g. improving and optimising dashboard usability and visualisation)
You’ll be great for this position if
- You have 5+ years of experience in an analytical role (ideally a BI Analyst focused role)
- You have advanced SQL skills
- You have extensive experience working with Tableau (dashboard design and development) and/or other data visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Google DataStudio, Power BI)
- You can demonstrate experience in translating data analysis into insights & recommendations for business partners
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders across all levels and you enjoy stakeholder enablement
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of one of the most innovative fintech companies. SumUp operates in 33 countries and supports millions of merchants around the globe.
- We have a truly global team of 3000+ people from 60+ countries and a close, welcoming, international community (you don’t need German :))
- 28 days’ paid leave
- Competitive salary and Stock Options Programme
- Flexible working hours
- Learning & development budget for attending conferences and external training
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Wellness benefits: in-house fitness classes with Fitness Matters, in-house Yoga teacher, gym in the office, football & running teams, subsidized Urban Sports Club
- A lot of other cool benefits such as Bike leasing, Subsidized Public Transport Card, Language Learning platform/courses, Kita placement assistance, relocation assistance, 2x per week subsidized office lunches, and a brand new beautiful place to work in the heart of Berlin!
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.