About The Opportunity
As part of the Global Banking Operations Excellence team you will be working with stakeholders across the business (eg. Banking Operations, Product & Tech, Business Operations, Legal, Complaints) to continuously improve our processes and independently drive projects and initiatives to build the most efficient and secure digital Banking Operations on a global scale.
With your expertise in the Banking area, specifically payment operations (eg. SEPA, Swift, Reconciliation), you will define, develop, improve and document optimal processes for Banking Operations to optimise with a global view. You will be a key point of contact for all payments process related topics.
In This Role, You Will
- Always keep an overview, proactively discover inefficiencies in workstreams and process flows and identify potential to continuously improve through standardisation and automation, with a focus on payment operations. You also ensure that all applicable documentation and process mapping are up to date.
- Proactively identify and manage key projects and opportunities to independently scope and execute end-to-end. You validate and write business requirements, define and execute test plans and strategy, follow planning and carry out action tracking or risk logging.
- Create, implement and maintain processes and communication that ensure we optimally utilize our valuable development resources to continuously improve
- Use a data driven approach to solve complex problems and define metrics to monitor, analyse and improve processes and performance together with the reporting team. Create and maintain the necessary infrastructure to track business impact of improvement initiatives and changes.
- Understand the Banking Operations key metrics and OKRs and how to advance initiatives that ultimately support these objectives.
- Facilitate alignment between different teams/stakeholders and opportunity qualification and prioritization. You will filter and prioritise competing improvement ideas to ensure most impactful opportunities are prioritised.
- Maintain and extend a global prioritization process and framework together with the Product
- With your Process Improvement experience you also guide other colleagues, support Change Management and challenge the Status Quo.
- Carry the voice of the customer within the team and in collaboration with others to initiate and implement actions to improve the quality of services delivered to our customer base.
- As a key stakeholder on risk management, you participate in workshops focused on operational risks and independently identify and communicate the impacts of regulatory changes or market practices with the support of the Legal team and other stakeholders.
- Help the operational teams with the analysis of incidents, and with the implementation of workarounds formulate solutions to mitigate risks and minimize the impact for our customers.
What You Need To Be Successful
N26 is an industry disruptor and because of that we are looking for innovative minds and a strong hands-on mentality with a focus on execution, and high motivation to take an active role in our company.
Background & Skills
- You have 3+ years experience working on process optimization, process automation or in similar positions with demonstrated strong project management skills (certifications are a plus).
- You hold a vast knowledge of the (consumer) banking industry and bring a professional banking education/background, a degree in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Mathematics or a related field is a plus
- Experience in proactively identifying project opportunities, taking ownership and delivering them on an individual basis with a strong focus on execution and delivery of project milestones
- You have excellent written and oral English skills.
- You have a strong analytical mindset (SQL experience is a plus) and ability to independently leverage data for prioritisation and decision making.
- You are a team player who feels comfortable independently driving projects forward and autonomously achieving our goals, you know how to unblock when needed and always make sure you understand the context of your tasks.
Strategic alignment, able to bring senior key stakeholders across functions together.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines and with shifting priorities.
- Think globally, act locally.
What’s In It For You
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who We Are
- N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
- We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
- Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Find a career path. Not just a job. We offer the possibility of personal participation and sustainable change in the banking world. A high degree of personal responsibility and freedom of choice with the customer always at focus. Exciting and varied tasks on a national and international level. High-performance colleagues and a unique team spirit.
One of the most modern offices in the company headquarters in Berlin designed exclusively for N26.
Flat hierarchies, as well as short and open communication channels.
The shared life of our corporate values: Drive, Excellence, Simplicity, Integrity