About the opportunity
The Product Team at Contentful is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re looking for a Principal Product Manager to take ownership of our Growth initiatives. You’ll influence key customer acquisition activities across Contentful in close collaboration with the Marketing, Demand Generation and the Data teams. You’ll lead and help to define a variety of activities including identifying new opportunities, evaluating and creating business cases for those opportunities, experimenting, and working with the team to realise those opportunities as software solutions and revenue optimisation.
This role is different from traditional product roles as the emphasis will be on opportunistic revenue generation, data analysis and tracking, optimisation activities, experimentation, and business case development. As a senior leader in the Product team for Growth, building business cases, working on pipeline generation, optimising funnel activities, and experimentation methodologies is essential.
What to expect?
- Own and understand our customer acquisition funnel and share that insight with the key stakeholders across Contentful
- Work with our Pricing and Packaging team to optimise how our offerings are framed for customers
- Collaborate with Design, Research, and Engineering to define, scope, and deliver the right solution in an iterative way
- Communicate broadly to the company about upcoming plans and opportunities as an expert in your area
- Work with your manager to gain investments in the opportunities you discover
- Lead by example, commitment, and thoughtful discussion
- Be able to work with data to demonstrate the scope of opportunities you uncover
- Collaborate with other Product Managers to tackle big, ambitious projects that span the entire Product Development organization
- You will formulate a strategic direction for the Growth area, coordinating and leading investments to achieve that strategy across groups
- You partner with our Product leadership team and people team on the learning and development strategy and goals
- You will foster learning within the product organization by encouraging the sharing of best practices, user insights, and research results
- You work closely within Product, Research, Design, Marketing and Engineering on prioritizing and balancing short term and long term priorities and goals
- You will be a key contributor to PM culture
What you need to be successful?
- You understand the B2B SaaS marketplace and model
- You’re a Product Manager with at least 5 years of experience building and bringing products to market
- You have a strong business background and can work with data to identify and explain growth opportunities
- You have been accountable for driving large initiative across multiple projects and teams
- You work--and inspire others to work--in a structured way to solve problems and develop the solutions that deliver the biggest results with the least inefficiency
- You have an understanding of strengths and shortcomings of various quantitative and qualitative research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase
- You effectively inspire and influence people’s development and products beyond your reporting line
- You have expertise in platform products as well as experiences that engage customers through user experiences
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Great communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills and capable of collaborating with multiple internal departments
- Ability to analyze both usage data and qualitative feedback to draw conclusions and make recommendations
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Spotify, Urban Outfitters, ARD Broadcaster, The British Museum, Xoom and Lenovo use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.