We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Our team leads and drives the web projects as part of the Plattform tribe. You’ll be regularly aligning with peers & leaders from different tribes/teams for the overall direction of the product portfolio, and how that impacts our web projects. Web platform teams works on initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Provide tooling for other teams (either via inner-source or open-source);
Maintain & drive the web implementation of our Design System;
- Work alongside our data team to provide tracking infrastructure for other web teams;
Maintain & drive the architecture/infrastructure to our distributed Merchant facing Dashboard.
You’ll be great for this position if
- You not only love coding, but also take the time to reflect on the benefits and drawbacks of your tools, frameworks, languages, or processes;
- You love to work with distributed teams, mentor others, and share your knowledge;
- You have experience in delivering large-scale distributed applications hopefully across different domains with a clear demonstration of application/system design knowledge;
- You strive to have an active role in features and design decisions, defining front-end architecture;
- You strive to balance the needs of the business with sustainable technical solutions;
- You know what to test, why to test it, and how to write meaningful tests;
- You have experience with or interest in Functional Programming techniques;
- You care about user interaction, performance, usability, and of course – making the interface beautiful and accessible.
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents;
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties and sports;
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training;
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, 28 days’ paid leave, free German and yoga classes, subsidised Urban Sports Club membership and other great benefits;
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets;
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.