Pricing Analytics Manager
If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is on the lookout for an outstanding talent to join our Pricing team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
As our Manager, Pricing Analytics at sennder, you’ll be managing a team of analysts that are focused on optimizing sennder’s profitability, improving the accuracy of its cost projections and guiding us towards an increasingly automated pricing world. Working as leader on in Pricing Deparment alongside a team of Tender Pricing Specialists and Programme Managers, you’ll be responsible for managing the interactions with the Product/Tech Data Science teams on algorithm development, the central reporting team on Dashboarding / data structure developments and for ensuing that the country operations teams are equipped with the data and tools to optimize the pricing of their business.
The role is based in either our Berlin HQ office or our brand new Amsterdam office.
Leading team of Analysts
- You’ll be responsible for managing a small team of skilled analysts to deliver high impact projects across the sennder business
- You’ll need to hire new team members to support sennder’s growth as well as ensuring that the existing team continue to develop their technical and non-technical skillset
Managing project intake and prioritization
- As with any analytical team, there’ll be more ‘demand’ than their is ‘supply’
- You’ll work closely with the VP Pricing to manage project intake, prioritize projects and manage team staffing against key initiatives
Getting your hands dirty with our data
- This is isn’t solely a team management role and you’ll be expected to be get deep into the data to tackle some of the most challenging questions the business has to answer
- We’ll be expecting to hand you a problem and leave you to interrogate our internal database and the various external data sources we have access to in order to come up with answers and innovative solutions to how we leverage your findings
Helping teams better understand performance and manage their areas
- Your team will be responsible for designing and maintain the tools (dashboards, auto-updating Google Sheets) that ensure that the relevant decision makers are looking at the right figures and are able to make informed decisions about how to run their respective areas
- You’ll partner with senior business leaders from other parts of the organization to ensure that we’re able to find the balance between automation and leveraging ‘on the ground’ input
Supporting Programme Managers to ensure we’re building the right things
- The analytics team supports our Program Managers to help define and then measure the KPI’s that the business should be focusing on when it comes to pricing
- You’ll work closely with our Data Science colleagues in our Product/Tech organization to drive performance improvements in our various algorithms and automated price generating tools
Who you are:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field.
- 6+ years of experience in a quantitative/ analytical role, preferably within tech, management consulting, investment banking or logistics
- 2+ years of experience directly managing analytical teams
- Excellent Excel/Google sheets skills - you’re the go to person in your team for coming up with a smart solution in Excel
- Advanced SQL - we use Looker at Sennder, but the role will require getting deep into the data and you’ll need to be the expert when it comes to digging out a data point
- Experience in reporting, data visualization (Looker, Tableau, etc) and designing dashboards
- Ability to manage highly diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong organization & project management skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design.
- Professional fluency in English
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics/Transportation knowledge or experience
- Experience of designing, implementing and measuring large scale experiments
- Experience of working with Python / R
- Experience working in a pricing department
What we offer:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 7 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.