If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder is on the lookout for an outstanding talent to join our Pricing team.
sennder, with its HQ located in the heart of Berlin, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move Full Truck Loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain. You can learn more from us here.
As a Pricing Analyst at sennder, you will be working on projects that help the business optimize its profitability and improve the accuracy of our cost projections. Working as part of the Pricing Deparments alongside a team of Analysts, Tender Pricing Specialists and Programme Managers, you’ll also work closely with Data Science colleagues on algorithm development, the central reporting team on Dashboard development and the various country operations teams on how best to optimize the way they price their business.
The role is based in either our Berlin HQ office or our brand new Amsterdam office.
Process Optimisation & Problem Solving
- Identifying and fixing process inefficiencies or factors driving inaccuracy across sennder’s current pricing processes
- Devising and implement automated solutions to improve efficiency, reduce manual error rates and improve overall consistency around pricing
Going deep on our data
- We have a large number of unanswered questions that can help improve our pricing and a treasure trove of data to be explored
- We’ll be expecting to give you a question and leave you to interrogate our internal database and the various external data sources we have access to in order to come up with an answer and then how we can best leverage your findings
Helping teams better understand performance
- Sennder has an increasingly diverse business and there isn’t a one size fits all approach to understanding pricing performance
- You’ll be responsible for designing and maintain tools (dashboards, auto-updating Google Sheets) that ensure that the relevant decision makers are looking at the right figures and are able to make informed decisions about how to run their respective areas
Supporting Programme Managers to ensure we’re building the right things
- You’ll work hand in hand with our Program Managers to help define and then measure the KPI’s that the business should be focusing on when it comes to pricing
- You’ll work closely with Data Science colleagues in our Product/Tech organization to assist in configuring our various algorithms and automated price generating tools
Who you are:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate in Business, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience in a quantitative/ analytical role, preferably within tech, management consulting, investment banking or logistics
- Data prowess – passion for leveraging data to influence decisions.
- Excellent Excel/Google sheets skills - you’re the go to person in your team for coming up with a smart solution in Excel
- Intermediate/Advanced SQL - we use Looker at Sennder, but the role will require getting deep into the data
- Experience in reporting, data visualization (Looker, Tableau, etc) and designing dashboards
- Ability to prioritize efficiently in a high-paced start-up environment
- Ability to manage highly diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong organization & project management skills. Able to structure a project from idea to design.
- Professional fluency in English
Bonus if you have:
- Logistics/Transportation knowledge or experience
- Basic working knowledge of Python / R
- Experience working in a pricing department
What we offer:
- A part of an international company with office locations in 7 different countries
- Be a part of an international team from 40+ nationalities at HQ Berlin office
- Structured promotion process in order to give everyone the same chance to grow
- Structured regular feedback process enabling personal development
- Employee’s well-being: in-house gym, unlimited snacks, drinks and fruits
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events and trips, partnership events with other companies and local organizers
At sennder we value commitment, team spirit, and your personal and professional development. Our mission is to offer our teams a diverse work environment by fostering a very friendly atmosphere and an energetic company culture. We enjoy to build and nourish long-lasting friendships across teams and often come together to plan fun events and activities.