Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and brothers Erez and Guy Galonska with the mission to transform the way we grow, consume, and think about food. Together, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows the distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space, and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, Infarm has grown into a global leader in urban farming and helping cities become sustainable and self-sufficient in their food production all while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Join the Infarm (r)evolution and help us feed the cities of tomorrow!
Who you are
At Infarm we grow a smart worldwide Infarm network that brings farming to the people. As the Plant Expert, you contribute to that mission by being responsible for the health of our plants at our new Infarm Plant Hub in Vancouver. You are an experienced agronomist and plant enthusiast, as well as a perfectionist, motivated to grow top-quality plants.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
- Ensure plant performance by taking responsibility for fertilization and plant protection
- Establish and maintain food safety guidelines in crop production areas
- Manage plant production conditions and processes
- Oversee Nursery, Hub, and In-Store production to ensure crops are to infarm’s quality standards
- Maintain & coordinate Global G.A.P certification
- Educate and transfer skills to Production Growers on plant health and hygiene related issues and ensuring all related standard operating procedures are implemented
- Conduct research to optimize crop performance or replace existing crop varieties
- Adapt Nursery recipes to obtain recommended seedling parameters
Continuously monitor all Infarm hydroponic farming units in Vancouver and make system adjustments to ensure good harvest performance
- Ensure full and accurate application of production guidelines
- Provide continuous and reliable communication to relevant stakeholders
- Be in contact with relevant plant-related professionals (ex. beneficial suppliers, research organizations, etc.)
- Provide continuous feedback and follow up on the guidelines received from the Global Crop Operations team in Berlin
- Deliver on-site training and onboarding for new growers together with Operations Manager
- Travel to in-store locations to ensure plant performance on a regular basis
- You will be based in our Plant Hub in Delta (7727 Beedie Way, Unit 118, Delta).
- Master’s degree in Plant Science or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in plant production, nursery, greenhouse, etc.; previous experience with hydroponic systems is a plus
- Vast knowledge of plant health and detection of plant deficiencies and diseases; familiarity with Global G.A.P. preferred
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment under defined guidelines with precision
- A natural leader with excellent communication including both written and verbal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams while and build strong working relationships
- Creative problem solver with a “hands-on” approach and proactive attitude
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, organized and capable of recording data and procedures
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits fully paid medical, dental and vision for eligible employees
- 19 days of accrued paid time off annually plus an extra day off on your birthday plus holidays
- Retirement savings plan with company matching contributions
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.
To all recruitment agencies: Infarm does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Infarm employees. Infarm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.