About the opportunity
The Global People Operations team, classically known as HR, strives to create and deliver the best possible and seamless employee experience across the entire employee lifecycle. Leading with care and empathy, we strive to develop efficient and simple people processes and systems to focus on the things that matter the most: Our people at N26. This means you’ll not only be supported by a dedicated and passionate team, but also HR tools, such as the People Operation ticketing system to ensure nothing slips through the cracks - but there’s even more we’d love to do (which is where you come in)! Being a part of the N26 journey means a lot of things. Our product develops, our organisation evolves and our teams are built. We are in a high-paced environment which makes the opportunities for impact endless. You are detail oriented, data focused, an experienced communicator and have a passion for people-related topics. Working in the People Operations team at N26, you’ll help us deliver an outstanding employee experience by giving our colleagues the resources and support they need in the most important moments of their N26 journey.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, coach and guide the payroll team located in different locations (staff responsibility).
- Oversee European payroll workflows (Germany being the main focus), ensuring accuracy as well as timeliness.
- Participate, co-lead or lead projects related to payroll, optimize the payroll processes and tools continuously, especially driving and implementing checks before and during payroll proactively.
- Participate in audits and lead necessary improvement measures related to compliance (both internal and external audit). Set up internal controls and execute them with agreed frequency.
- Ensure delivery of reports to stakeholders within N26.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Hold vendor management accountability ensuring consistency, reliability, integrity, timeliness and compliance of delivered services.
- Administration and control of pension and benefit schemes through payroll.
- Cooperation with different stakeholders within N26 (People, Legal, Tax, Finance, Accounting)
- Be a main contact person for the Payroll team, for management, auditors and statutory authorities.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of professional experience in payroll (big focus on Germany) and at minimum one year of leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent of it) in Finance, Human Resources, Business, Economics, or any other related field.
- Solid knowledge of German and international (EU) labor, tax and social security law.
- Previous experience with managing payroll related audits.
- Already successfully carried out payroll projects, project management skills are essential.
- Very good knowledge of Excel and a general affinity for new systems and tools.
- The ability to speak and write fluently in German and English (additional languages are a plus).
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the hierarchy.
- You are used to working within a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.