We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion, those who have the strength and determination to realize their dreams.
We believe that anyone should be able to start their own business. We provide small businesses with powerful, easy-to-use card readers and awesome customer support, so merchants can run their business and engage with their customers. We do so with genuine care for our merchants and love for our products. By taking the hassle out of getting paid, we enable small business owners to focus on what they love to do.
We are 1,900+ SumUpers in 17 offices around the globe - 900+ in Brazil only - and we are here to empower small merchants and help them thrive.
Know more about our FinOps team
As a coordinator of our Finance Ops team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our business with regulatory requirements, supporting and making recommendations on strategy and key strategic initiatives for the business. Together, this team is responsible for the efficiency of the core transactions - payments - impacting directly on our strategy.
If you’re excited about making a business impact and being part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Payments Transactions Coordinator to help us revamp our strategy for SumUp's current and new products and services.
What You'll Do In This Position
- Lead a team of highly skilled analytical people;
- Develop new strategic partnerships aiming at improving our merchant experience and product porfolio;
- Coordinate integration projects (additional schemes, APIs, new payments methods etc);
- Find and lead initiatives to improve transactions Approval Rate along with the main stakeholders, banks and schemes;
- Support Transactions processes in other Latam SumUp markets;
- Be the “go-to” person when it comes to explaining what’s driving SumUp’s biggest processing fees;
- Conduct data-driven business analytics to support and make recommendations on strategy and key strategic initiatives for the business;
- Cultivate and enhance relationship with stakeholders, banks and schemes
You'll Be a Great Fit For This Position If
- You are fluent Portuguese and English - you'll be part of a truly global team :)
- You have strong analytical skills and feel comfortable with a vast amount of data; you love numbers and you're an Excel power user;
- You are natural in negotiating: we count on you to help us evaluate new deals whenever necessary to ensure the best agreements;
- You are highly motivated, hands-on, focused and striving to learn and improve your skills;
- You have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills - you are able to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures, and to build strong and productive relationships;
- You are able to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries, cultures and backgrounds;
- You a have a bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Why you should join us
- Be part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world
- Have full autonomy (for real!) to propose, lead and implement changes that will up our game
- Work in flexible hours - you make your own schedule and have freedom to align with the team if you need to work remotely or take a few days off
- Work in the coolest office around, in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues
- Have access to our all perks and benefits: healthcare for employees 100% paid by the company, dental assistance, private pension program, variable compensation/yearly bonus, pension plan, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance, barbershop and nail polish at the office, massage sessions, monthly parties at the office and more!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.