We believe in the everyday hero.
Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Know more about our FinOps team
As an analyst of our Finance Ops team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our business with state-of-the-art card acceptance and regulatory requirements, supporting and making recommendations on strategy and key strategic initiatives for the business. Together, this team is responsible for the efficiency of the core transactions - payments - impacting directly on our strategy.
If you’re excited about making a business impact and being part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do In This Position
- Monitor closely SumUp’s transactions Approval Rate; bring new ideas and implement them in order to have the authorization rate improved!
- Give visibility and report weekly to the senior leadership the main variations and outcomes regarding Authorization rate
- Act quickly to troubleshoot and resolve transaction acceptance problems and prevent financial losses whenever operational incidents happen (and they will happen!!)
- Engage in integration projects (additional schemes, APIs, new payments methods etc) by translating business needs into technical requirements;
- Cultivate and enhance relationship with key Stakeholders outside SumUp (Acquirers, Gateways, Processors, Banks and Schemes) and Inside SumUp (Operations, Tech&Product and Finance)
- Autonomy to exercise your analytical skills: bring your hypothesis; let's test them together!;
You'll Be a Great Fit For This Position If
- You are fluent Portuguese and English - you'll be part of a truly global team :)
- You have strong analytical skills and feel comfortable with a vast amount of data; you love numbers and you're an Excel power user;
- You are highly motivated, hands-on, focused and striving to learn and improve your skills;
- You have excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills - you are able to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures, and to build strong and productive relationships;
- You are able to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries, cultures and backgrounds;
- You a have a bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world;
- Be part of a truly global team and work with people from different parts of the world;
- Have access to our all perks and benefits: healthcare for employees 100% subsidized by the company, optional dental assistance, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance, barbershop and nail polish at the office, massage sessions, parties at the office every 15 days and more!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.