As Specialist of our Finance Ops team, you’ll play a key role in ensuring our business with regulatory requirements, supporting and making recommendations on strategy and key strategic initiatives for the business. Together, this team is responsible for the efficiency of the core transactions - payments - impacting directly on our strategy.
If you’re excited about making a business impact and being part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for a Payments Relationship Specialist to help us revamp our strategy for SumUp's current and new products and services.
What you'll do in this position:
- Close relationship with Schemes, Issuers, Acquirers and other Payments Market Players
- Read card schemes regulations and mandates, analyze and align business impacts, and negotiate deadlines/waivers with Issuers (when needed)
- Ensure SumUp’s adherence to Scheme’s regulations
- Find new business opportunities by up coming regulations
- Be part of Payment companies Associations to negotiate and represent SumUp’s interests to the market and to the Central Bank
- Work close to Compliance & Regulatory team in order to define/ establish action plans to ensure adherence
You'll be a great fit for this position if:
- You are fluent Portuguese and English (and Spanish would be a plus) - you'll be part of a truly global team
- You are comfortable with a huge amount of documents to read
- You are detail oriented and have a business mindset to guide SumUp’s actions to comply with the imposed regulations.
- You have great communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills (for stakeholders inside and outside SumUp)
- You are highly motivated, hands-on, focused and striving to learn and improve your skills
- You a have a bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- You are able to communicate ideas and concepts with team members from a wide range of countries, cultures and backgrounds.
Why you should join us
- Be part of a company that lives and breathes to empower small merchants around the world
- Have full autonomy (for real!) to propose, lead and implement changes that will up our game
- Work in flexible hours - you make your own schedule and have freedom to align with the team if you need to work remotely or take a few days off
- Work in the coolest office around, in the heart of Pinheiros (São Paulo), close to the central station and main avenues
- Have access to our all perks and benefits: healthcare for employees 100% paid by the company, dental assistance, private pension program, variable compensation/yearly bonus, pension plan, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance, barbershop and nail polish at the office, massage sessions, monthly parties at the office and more!
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.