At SumUp, we are driven to empower small businesses across the globe by de-hassling their lives and helping them to succeed. Our vision as a global FinTech company is to build the first-ever global card acceptance brand, and we are well on our way as small businesses in over 31 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. To get there we are putting together an awesome team that is committed to one another and to our merchants. You could be our missing link! Help us bring card acceptance to the masses!
Our boldness, startup mindset, empathy and love for product foster a creative environment for our employees. We value an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to build lasting relationships among our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can help small businesses grow.
If you have previous experience in banking, finance or are simply interested in a career in the ever-evolving world of payments this might be your team. In this role you will help ensure that all of the merchants using the Sum Up platform receive their payouts on time.
What you’ll be doing in this position
- Daily validation of payment files for submission to third parties
- Manage daily settlement and reconciliation of payment and payout files between Sumup, third party processors and bank accounts. Ensure all mismatches are handled in a timely manner and all merchants and customer accounts are accurately handled
- Design and deliver accurate reports on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, ensuring the relevant checks and controls are in place on all payment files and payout files to highlight any discrepancies
- Support the operations team in the handling of merchant queries linked to payments and payouts. This includes coordination on a day-to-day basis with third party processors and banking partners on payment, collections and payout related activities
- Identify ongoing enhancements in the settlements and reconciliation process.
- Monthly accounting and reconciliation of payout bank statements in the accounting software of Sumup.
- Review and reconciliation of open items in all acquirers and merchant accounts in the accounting software Sumup
- Reconciliation and analysis of automatically-posted settlements in the accounting software of Sumup
- You have a master's degree in Economics
- You have minimum 2 years’ experience in a payments role, ideally within the financial services industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You're a strong team player and are able to interact with colleagues at all levels
- Strong time management and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise your own tasks and able to work under strict deadlines
- Flexible and open to change, meaning you can react well to and adapt to changing priorities
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and willing to learn, you are conscientious with a “can-do” attitude and a proactive work ethic.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as you constantly gather information and probe for facts. Weigh options and produce practical and workable solutions within the overall defined architecture solution
- Target driven to remain focused on goals even when under pressure and maintain an effective work pace despite challenges
- Start-ups thrill you. You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know (or at least have an idea) of what awaits you when working for one
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Opportunity to be a partner with SumUp in achieving its goal to becoming the first global card acceptance brand.
- A startup work environment, passionate, collaborative and results oriented
- Empowerment of employees to fulfil their role in the organization.
- Open workspace environment
- Office relaxation activities such as yoga and massages
- We get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, football and office parties.
- 23 days paid vacation + 1 accumulative day for each year of employment at SumUp
- Additional health insurance
- Short decision-making channels with flat hierarchies in a “non-call-center atmosphere”
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind