Our Sales and Partnerships team works with strategic partners and merchants to grow our business in various customer segments, sometimes totally new unexplored industries and merchant types.
We are at the forefront of SumUp's interactions with key industry players with whom we identify various opportunities for collaborations, new products and use cases for our family of products. Sales is a key component of our team, so having a hunter mentality and hunger to explore is key to success within the team.
We’re looking for a high energy sales professional to join us in London or Berlin. You’ll work closely with the Partner Sales Lead to uncover, approach and close strategic partners that fuel our sales pipeline, as well as high-value merchants across key customer sectors.
What you’ll do
- Drive the SumUp partnerships business in Great Britain and Ireland focusing on strategic integration partnerships with ISVs that serve target sectors and drive indirect sales at scale
- Develop new business with partners via phone, email and in-person; to introduce SumUp’s product offerings, negotiate commercials and close deals
- Analyse data and internal reports to help optimise our go-to-market, partner setups and deliver regular feedback to our partners and the team
- Optimise our sales process in order to continuously increase the satisfaction of our customers.
- Supervise your own projects and work closely together with other departments such as integrations, marketing and support
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have completed a Bachelor's, Master's, or MBA in a relevant field (communications, business, management, etc.).
- You have 5+ years of direct sales or partnerships experience with proven success ideally in the FinTech or Merchant Service Provider environment.
- You’re comfortable communicating with and convincing C-level business partners.
- You have a proven track record with a complete sales life cycle, from identifying leads, to pitching, closing and implementing them.
- You’re fluent in English, both spoken and written – another European language is a plus.
- You’re persistent when it comes to understanding and fulfilling our customers’ expectations.
- You have established connections in the local market.
- You have experience working with Integration Partners serving our target sectors (this is not essential, but would be considered a plus).
Why you should join SumUp
- We’re a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents.
- We work in flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- You’ll be part of a small, highly motivated team with the modest goal of revolutionising an entire global industry.
- We take a holistic approach – you'll learn what it’s like to build up a global business and get insights to everything that goes along with it.
- You’ll work in a convenient location in the heart of London or Berlin.
- You’ll receive a budget for attending conferences and external training.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.