About the opportunity
We are looking for a Partner Marketing Manager to help execute and expand our partner marketing programs. Reporting to the Head of Global Partner Marketing, you will be responsible for building and growing our partnerships with key digital agencies, systems integrators (SIs), and technology providers in North America primarily and globally as needed. This role requires a “jack-of-all-trades” mentality that is proactive, can create their own solutions when needed, and can work across departments and time zones.
Serving as a key player in our partnership organization, you will play a critical role in expanding Contentful’s market reach and helping our partners drive more business. Forrester summed up the opportunity in their recent report, Digital Experience Platform Trends, 2017: “More than nine in ten companies use a service provider to help them build a digital experience.” We need to be involved in those projects. And it’s already happening -- digital teams at companies like RG/A and AKQA are adopting Contentful as a standard layer in their go-to-market tech stack for client engagements. Now is the time to step on the gas pedal and make them wildly successful.
What to expect?
- Plan, contribute to, and execute joint marketing initiatives with Contentful’s Solutions and Technology Partners
- Focus on 3 key areas:
- Market-to-partners to maintain a consistent flow of inbound partner interest through project-managing webinars, email campaigns, and content initiatives
- Market-with-partners in order to help our partners bring leads to Contentful by executing joint webinars and events, building scalable marketing kits, creating joint content, and more
- Market-through-partners to utilize our partners as an extension of our marketing arm to get Contentful in front of prospects and customers we would otherwise not be able to
- Be measured on contribution to the lead generation pipeline and ROI of marketing initiatives to/with/through partners (3 key areas above)
- Work with Partner Managers to agree to quarterly co-marketing plans that reach the partner’s customer base, leverages their brand and sales channels
- Drive and manage co-marketing initiatives with partners
- Promote Contentful to partners and potential partners
- Monitor performance against plan and take best actions to address shortfalls and other issues while also improving output and volume and scale of activities
What you need to be successful?
- 2+ years of direct experience building and managing partner marketing programs, or 3+ years of experience working alongside Partnership teams in related roles: marketing campaign manager, field marketing, partner development (sales/bizdev), etc.
- A successful track record of developing lead pipeline through webinars, email campaigns, events, paid promotion, content syndication, and other creative programs
- Experience working for a fast-growing B2B software company, where partner sales was done in conjunction with an enterprise sales team
- Highly organized individual with a proven attention to complex program details
- Be a self-starter who has a strong work ethic and can manage multiple tasks and priorities
Bonus: Experience working for an API-first, developer-focused company (marketing to developers and technical teams requires its own special finesse)
- Be a team player, and know how to get multiple departments to play well together towards the same end goal
- Decisive and autonomous; with a globally distributed team, sometimes you just need to make the call and go for it, when you can’t wait for the sun to rise for other stakeholders
- A passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with taking risks (and learning from failure)
- An entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes and you’re excited to help, build, launch -- and market -- minimum viable products (it’s a startup after all!)
- Humble, but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer and an “A player”
- A generally curious person and you love to listen and learn
- Technically oriented and understand APIs, and have an aptitude to continue learning about Contentful’s technology
Bonus: a morning person! Our team spans San Francisco and Berlin, so there will be many early morning calls
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Range: $100,000-$105,000
[This position is eligible for equity awards, annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufsen, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.