About the opportunity
As a Contentful Partner Manager you will play an important role in growing our partner network with key digital agencies, systems integrators (SI), and consultancies. You will be responsible for prospecting new potential partners and managing existing partner relationships. You will build and execute your own outreach campaigns and grow the partner network in your region. We are hiring in NL, UK, I and GER for 5 EMEA markets (DACH, Nordics, UK/I, BNL, Southern Europe/ME). Our team also covers Asia with the Japanese market being very strong. So, if you speak Japanese and are located in or willing to move to any of the locations above then we are also happy to have you join for the Asian market with a focus on Japan.
You will run go-to-market (GTM) initiatives to generate pipeline and revenue through your partners. This position requires an entrepreneurial mind that is able to spearhead solutions, be proactive, and work cross-departmentally. Serving as a key part of our sales function, our partnerships team plays a critical role in driving revenue and customer value.
What to expect?
- Build and maintain relationships with key agencies and SIs at all levels, from the developer to C-Level
- Build prospect lists and lead initial conversations with target agencies
- Work with your partners to strategize and build campaigns, driving attendance to marketing activities with and through partners
- Consistently deliver new opportunities and pipeline from your qualified target partners to our sales organization
- Collaborate with your Account Executives and Solution Engineers to manage and close opportunities from your partners and your prospected agencies
- Build GTM plans with your partners and execute on them to secure recurring business
- Proactively initiate and guide partners to enablement trainings
What you need to be successful?
- You’re humble but your colleagues would say that you’re a game-changer
- You’re a passionate individual with a knack for solving problems and building/delivering solutions, and you’re OK with failure
- You have a heart for customers/partners, are a generally curious person, and you love to listen and learn
- You want to be a part of something bigger and you love building and you want to bring your skills to teach us and help us raise the bar, but are coachable as well
- You are not going into partnerships to get out of “sales,” and you know that sales are critical to successful partnerships
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart. You’re flexible and can thrive in environments that don’t have defined processes for everything yet and you’re excited to help build
- 4+ years of direct or channel sales, partner management or business development experience in a technical SaaS environment
- General knowledge or interest in the digital agency or systems integrator ecosystem and the accompanying services in the space
- Experience prospecting, recruiting, presenting, qualifying and managing either clients or partners for a SaaS company
- A track record of continuous opportunity development and successful quota achievement
- Experience developing content and campaigns to open doors in creative ways
- Experience educating organizations on how to use your technology and the value of your technology
- Experience giving presentations and/or running webinars
- Experience working cross functionally with sales, marketing, success, and product (and these organizations would say that you’re good to work with)
- Experience navigating complex deal cycles with multiple parties
- Fluency in English, any other region-specific language is a plus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 400 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.