sennder is a European digital freight forwarder looking for new talent to join our carrier coverage team. The role is based out of the Amsterdam office and will report to one of the team leads. Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you’re passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level, curious, and driven by solving puzzles and influencing how we reach our business goals, then you might be who we’re looking for. What others may consider uncertainty, you see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive, while being a team player and understanding how your personal development intersects with the company’s growth.
In the carrier coverage team, you will work at the heart of day-to-day operations while securing the successful collaboration between sennder and our carriers. Additionally you will work on expanding our carrier network. At sennder you can help create a product with lasting value, improve your operational abilities and work with us to change the logistics industry.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL ...
- Plan and coordinate the execution of Full Truck Loads together with our customers and our transport partners.
- Plan tours, secure and buy capacity and manage carriers
- Be the key contact for all day-to-day operational questions both for carriers and ensure that we deliver a reliable and cost effective service.
- More long-term, you will develop your supplier relationships with the goal of building them into true partnerships.
- As the key person responsible for operations and our supplier portfolios, you will also regularly interact with internal and external stakeholders such as the sales, key account management and customer procurement departments.
- Optimise the logistics flows to increase their efficiency and profitability
- Help drive internal process improvements and you will be actively involved in bringing these improvements to life.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE ...
- Successfully completed either an apprenticeship in (preferably road) forwarding or a university degree (preferably with a focus on logistics).
- Ideally, you have been able to gain first hand experience in logistics operations in forwarding and/or dispatching.
- A natural problem-solving mindset and you enjoy a lively daily interaction with shippers and carriers.
- A team player mindset with a proven track record of delivering under pressure, paired with good communication skills.
- An independent way of working, a talent for self-organisation and follow-through come naturally to you.
- Good spoken and written English is a must, other European languages like Polish, Romanian or Russian are a plus.
- Computer literacy is important, as is the capability to quickly feel at home in our IT environment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 900+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices with English as our company language.
A quarterly feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.