SumUppers are inspired by a dream: card payments must be so easy, intuitive and cost effective that transactions can occur and people don’t even realize it. Our intuitive, inclusive and innovative payment solutions are the first step towards this world. We are proud of our amazing and challenging working environment.
Excited about building striking payments to empower the world? Join the team!
The operational risk team is a key component of SumUp’s second line of defence and is responsible for the ongoing assessment and monitoring of the group’s operational risks. Our SumUp office in São Paulo is now hiring an experienced and self-motivated Operational Risk Specialist to join our Global Operational Risk team to work closely with the business.
The successful candidate will work within the operational risk team and will be responsible for the provision of risk expertise, delivering appropriate and meaningful challenge, guidance and support to various business areas to ensure that operational risks are properly identified, assessed, controlled, monitored and reported in a consistent and timely manner.
Accountabilities for the role - what are you expected to do?
- Provide expertise in delivering appropriate and meaningful challenges, guidance and support to various business areas, to ensure that operational risks are managed in accordance with the risk management frameworks, related policies and procedures and regulations;.
- Perform and update RCSAs according to Global methodology and calendar;
- Ensure compliance with regulations related to risk & controls and support on elaborating regulatory risk reports, acting as point of contact for regulatory interactions regarding operational risks;
- Assist in the development, implementation and embedding of revised frameworks, policies, tools and training for the effective management and oversight of operational risk across the group.
- Manage and assist in the delivery of high quality risk assessments.
- Attend and prepare the materials for SumUp’s risk and board committees.
- Analyse and ensure that operational risk events and operational losses are recorded in an accurate and timely manner and monitor emerging trends.
- Assist in coordinating the development and delivery of operational risk awareness training, as required.
- Assist in the production of high quality risk reporting for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage open issues identified during the risk assessment process, Audit reviews, Compliance risk assessments (or other parties), working closely with stakeholders to ensure closure of actions / recommendations within agreed timelines.
- Engage and interact with a variety of business areas and stakeholders in supportive and collaborative ways to embed a strong culture that values risk and compliance management.
- Build trust and credibility within the team and business by demonstrating a professional approach and good understanding of governance, risk management, risk assessment and control practices, including applicable regulatory and legislative requirements, specifically regarding operational risk.
- Support and deputise for the Operational Risk Lead, as required.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- You will report directly to the Operational Risk Lead in Europe
Experience/Competences for the Role - what are you expected to know?
- 3-5 years experience in an operational risk role.
- Experience in conducting risk and control self assessments, risk event management, operational losses, internal controls, development of key risk indicators and training and development in the area of risk management is essential.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) across a variety of stakeholders and build effective working relationships across the business.
- Ability to work on own initiative, strong attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Ability to identify material issues and know when to escalate them.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads appropriately and show determination and flexibility to deliver to very challenging deadlines.
- Professional qualification in risk management or compliance desirable.
- This role requires fluent English.
Why SumUp? - Key Benefits
- Empowerment to be involved in exciting challenges and the opportunity to leave your mark in a high-growth organization;
- An amazing team and work environment, working with passion and purpose to achieve incredible results;
- Additional health & dental insurance
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN ENGLISH