Office Manager - protected categories art.68/99
Our fast-growing Technology startup sennder Italia is looking for an Office Manager to join our “PeopleTeam” responsible for office and HR management. The role is based out of the Milan office and will report to the Head of HR Administration. . Do you want to help us shape the future of the logistics industry?
This job position is open to persons registered in the list of protected categories pursuant to Law 68/99.
We value humility and we're as interested in your character as we are in your talent. Please apply, even if you feel you only meet part of our listed criteria. Diversity drives innovation and we offer an international and friendly work environment with an energetic company culture. Just be yourself and maybe you’ll bring something valuable to the role we didn't initially think of.
If you are passionate about taking yourself, sennder, and the logistics industry to the next level; if you are curious and eager to have an impact on how we reach our business goals, then you might be the one we are looking for. Where others see uncertainty, you see opportunities to learn and be proactive, by being a team player and understanding how your personal development matches the company’s growth.
sennder Italia, headquartered in the heart of Milan, is changing the way people think about logistics. We revolutionize road freight logistics by making it simpler, quicker, and more cost-efficient to move loads across Europe. We offer the best option for moving freight even to the largest companies by providing a network of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and business analytics to improve their supply chain.
sennder Italia is a Joint Venture between sennder GmbH and Poste Italiane. Our company blends the sennder GmbH innovative soul, focused on technology and digitalization, with the expertise and know-how of the largest distribution network in Italy: Poste Italiane.
As sennder Italia Office Manager, you will take care of our office and people, organize and manage events and your main responsibility will be to ensure employees well-being and a positive climate in our Milan office.
The successful sennder Italia Office Manager is an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Support the organisational and the daily workflow in our Milan office
- Be the point of reference for employees with any question or concern related to their daily needs in the office
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office systems
- Develop and implement office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office; organize office operations and procedures as needed
- Propose, organise and manage team events, business trips and Parties: (we have a small event every two weeks, a monthly party and throughout the year we organise several other events, including a Summer Camp once a year (in collaboration with sennder HQ)
- Ensure sufficient daily supply of a variety of healthy food and drinks
- Coordinate maintenance, cleaning crews and other external services providers and take care of communication with vendors as well as internal operational communication with employees
- Support People Team with any internal communication as needed (policies,health & safety procedures, internal memo, etc.)
- Support People Team in ensuring compliance with our internal processes and procedures, and with all office policies (including Covid-19 regulations)
- Support the Head of HR Administration in managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers, and office lease
- Manage the relationship with our suppliers and identify new potential collaboration avenues to maintain and - where possible - exceed the required high quality standards
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Provide general support to visitors
PREFERABLY YOU ARE:
- 3+ years experienced as an Office manager, Front office manager and/or Event Manager in fast paced demanding environments, where it is required to quickly adapt to change and wear multiple hats
- Able to manage time and priorities in a highly demanding environment, and to positively, proactively and successfully engage with stakeholders at different levels of the organizational hierarchy
- Fully proficient both in Italian and English
- Open-minded, reliable, self-confident and resilient
- A role model for your work ethic, your commitment to excel and your ability to collaborate with a diverse group of internal stakeholders
- Proficient in excel (at a minimum a strong intermediate level, preferably advanced)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A fast-growing company, transitioning from startup to scale-up, where your work will make an impact on our growth and lead to several career opportunities.
- An international team of 800+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 7 country offices, with English as our company language.
- A structured feedback and review process for personal development. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- Compliance with COVID-19 restrictions when required with remote interviews, onboarding, and working.
At sennder Italia we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications via email.