About the opportunity
Join our Risk Management team as an intern to support us in managing our operational and non-financial risks. This is an opportunity to get familiar with the risk management system of a cutting edge technology-driven bank. You will take ownership for various topics with guidance from our high performing team and work across functions, products and regions to monitor and assess the risk the business is facing.
In this role, you will:
- Help in identifying, assessing, mitigating and monitoring the non-financial risks faced by the company
- Support in diverse processes surrounding the Internal Control System (ICS), loss database, risk register and reporting
- Interact with company-wide stakeholders by supporting for instance the New Product Process (NPP) and ad hoc risk decisions
- Present outcome of risk analysis to different stakeholders
- Drive your own projects through transforming your theoretical knowledge into practical learning
- Gain hands-on experience to work in a fast-paced environment
What you need to be successful:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Business Administration, Economics, or other relevant areas
- Ideally, already gained first working experience (preferably in the area of banking / financial services or consulting)
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational and communication skills
- Desire to optimize processes and workflows
- Eagerness to learn more about operations, governance and the banking industry and optimize the status quo
- Team player who likes to work in a highly motivated team and with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to quickly understand new and complex topics
- Willingness to go the extra mile to get ideas and find solutions proactively
- Actively help yourself (and others) to be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
In addition, you are ideally able to commit for three months with the opportunity to continue as a working student afterwards. The starting date is as soon as possible.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.