NewStore is the essential omnichannel store solution for global brands. The company delivers Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the first platform combining POS, order management, clienteling, and inventory. Store operations from endless aisle to mobile checkout to fulfillment are possible with just two remarkably intuitive iPhone apps. NewStore customers include brands such as Burton Snowboards, Decathlon, GANNI, Goorin Bros, Outdoor Voices, and UNTUCKit. It is backed by General Catalyst, Activant Capital, and Salesforce Ventures. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
About the Job
You will provide leadership across Back-End Engineering and help guide the overall engineering vision for our MicroServices Architecture. You will lead and participate in architecture discussions with our architects and platform team to help define the core platform APIs to support our Mobile- and WebApps. You will also participate in design reviews and recommend improvements. You will be part of a team that is committed to writing test-backed, clean and reusable code. As an expert Backend Engineer, you will recommend improvements and create consensus through self-confidence, clear communication and the technical skills to back your decisions. You think that polyglot developers are the future and have a passion for elegant, readable and maintainable code.
We have a cutting-edge microservice architecture and use the following technologies: Python, Golang, Linux, Docker, RabbitMQ, nginx, Amazon AWS, REST-ful APIs, ReactJS, HTML5, CSS3, git, SQL (PostgreSQL), Scrum/Kanban.
- Experience building large-scale business-critical SaaS applications with MicroServices Architecture
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Design and S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Experience collaborating with other Engineers in planning, prioritizing and executing assigned tasks within deadlines
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities
- Experience providing trainings and mentoring other Engineers
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong English communication skills
- Established technical leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Interest in learning other languages (our teams also use Go & Python)
Extra special things we'd love to see:
- Experience in building e-commerce systems highly desired
- Deep understanding of various software design patterns
- Experience solving business problems in a variety of programming languages
- Experience in Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Experience with other programming languages
Everyone is welcome here 🤗
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you!