About the Mobile Developer role
As part of our vision to become a truly global IT organisation, we have started to build our local, autonomous, cross-functional squads that can take an aspect of our product and perfect it from concept to execution with full autonomy. As a Mobile Engineer, you will be a part of a Global Tribe in Brazil, which means that you will have experience working with people from different places around the world and the freedom to experiment with new things and apply your ideas in our products.
On the tech side, we work on a number of different projects that span technologies, systems, and processes. A few of the technologies we're leveraging at SumUp include Kotlin and Swift.
What you'll do
- Work alongside our global mobile engineering team, consisting of both iOS and Android developers along with the backend specialists;
- Build our consumer mobile app to offer better and faster payments experience across Brazil;
- Dive into the code and learn how to create clean components in our codebase, develop and refine features and how we write tests and keep performance tip-top;
- Develop major features that positively impact the relationship between consumers and merchants;
- Work closely with product and design departments to build features that are maintainable, usable and beautiful;
- Help us rethink problems we've solved before in a different way as needs evolve;
- Develop a wealth of knowledge about our complex problem domain as well as its implications in the interface and the backend – and how to manage it in a clean way.
You’ll be great for this role if
- You're comfortable with Kotlin and/or Swift and have 4+ years of development experience;
- You strive for clean code and know how to write flexible tests that won't break;
- You care about user interaction, usability and making the interface beautiful;
- You have great English communication skills.
Why you should join SumUp
- You’ll play a key role in a “startup” that in turn is part of a truly global team of 2000+ people from 60+ countries, spread across 3 continents;
- You’ll be based in the heart of São Paulo, one of LATAM’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities;
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact irrespective of your job description;
- You'll have the space to drive your career and take ownership of projects;
- SulAmérica health insurance plan (co-participation), Caju benefit (multiple possibilities: meals, culture, health), Partnership for mental health activities with Zenklub, optional dental assistance, transport voucher or parking space at the office building, meal/food voucher, Gympass, life insurance and more.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating tools that help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.