Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow
What you will do
The Hardware Prototyping Lab designs, builds and installs prototypes for our farming systems. It supports the various development teams in the R&D department, like the light, water, climate, and crop science teams. The prototypes range from simple mechanical structures to complex automated electromechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Design, build and install electrical and mechanical prototypes for validation and testing of farming systems and components.
- Translate general requirements into technical designs that can be easily prototyped.
- Integrate sensors and actuators for data collection during testing and test their integration into the IoT platform
- Continuously improve your mastery of the various inhouse tools for rapid prototyping, including the 3D printers, CNC router and thermoformer
- Work with external suppliers for parts that cannot be made inhouse
- Suggest simplifications and optimizations to prototypes for easier manufacturing, improved reliability and better test results.
- Take full ownership of planning, execution and documentation of your projects
- Mechatronics or equivalent degree with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- All-round experience with actuators, sensors, electrical wiring, soldering, simple automation
- Hands-on experience with 3D CAD design for rapid prototyping, in particular for 3D printing, CNC and thermoforming.
- Strong problem solving skills
What we offer:
- Take opportunities: Join Infarm as we expand across the globe and change the future of farming
- Drive Impact: Be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- Accelerate Growth: A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
What’s also in for you
- Stay up-to-date: Regular global & regional All-hands meetings and Lunch & Learn sessions
- Meet your colleagues: Join our employee resource groups or (virtual) company activities
- Take some time off: 30 days of annual paid time off, and an extra day off on your birthday
- Be well: 24/7 professional counselling and various internal Health & Wellness initiatives (Yoga, Diet & Nutrition, and many more)
- Travel to Work: Free monthly BVG ticket and subsidized Swapfiets Bike Program
- Enjoy your meal: Choose between subsidized meal vouchers or a free onsite lunch, and additional snacks & drinks
- Save Up: Subscribe to your corporate pension scheme and look out for corporate discounts with more than 800 brands
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.