About usWe offer the next generation eCommerce platform - API and cloud based, highly scalable and on every channel. We put outstanding tech knowledge and enthusiasm in a modern, friendly and family oriented environment.
commercetools was founded in 2006 and we have offices in Germany (Munich, Berlin and Jena), the Netherlands (Amsterdam), the US (Durham, North Carolina) and from 2019 also in UK (London) and the APAC region (Singapore). We are one of the world's leading providers of cloud-based eCommerce technology. Our highly available, omnichannel platform enables implementation of complex retail models across all sales channels. The extensive API connects existing processes and technologies flexibly. We offer sustainable solutions for both B2C and B2B retailers. Since 2014 commercetools is a subsidiary of REWE Group. Some of our customers are Carhartt, Merkur, REWE and Medimax.
Join our vision in becoming the number one eCommerce company!
We are opening our next office in Singapore and looking for an experienced Managing Director to grow, maintain and oversee all business operations, people and strategy for the APAC region. As our Managing Director you will be responsible for the overall success of the business and report directly to the global executive board.
To follow our growth strategy we are looking for someone with excellent eCommerce market insights, a deep understanding of different platform solutions and state-of-the-art technologies. You will play a relevant role in enhancing the footprint of the most-modern enterprise commerce platform in the market.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on manager with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who implements our culture, vision, and long term strategy. Strong communication and people management skills in an international environment are a must as you will interact with customers, partners and employees from all over the world.
About your new role
- Start, run and grow the commercetools APAC operations in Singapore and doing everything that is needed to ensure its success
- Represent commercetools as Managing Executive to customers, partners, media/press and other stakeholders
- Plan and execute the company’s business plan and actively lead business growth strategy development/implementation
- Build and manage a local team with all relevant aspects like legal, compensation management, hiring and people development
- Responsible for sales, marketing & accounts management in Singapore and expansion to other countries
- Build a team to run the global cloud platform, provide technical support, roll out our solution consulting and training
- Regular reporting and communication with colleagues and the executive board
- Adaption of our marketing, sales and product strategy to local customer demands
This is how we work
Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
Skills & Requirements
- Expertise as Managing Director or similar role with at least five (ideally more) years of work experience in this position
- Proven track record of successfully selling enterprise software in an eCommerce context
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing strategic and business plans
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities with outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical mindset and a problem-solving attitude
- Insights and a broad network within the eCommerce and/or enterprise software industry (e.g. CMS, CRM, ERP, logistics, etc.)