About the opportunity
Contentful is looking for an outcome driven, growth minded, Sales Development Manager to own all aspects of our quickly growing SDR organization in the Americas. You will be responsible for Inbound and Outbound teams in our US (San Francisco & Denver) hubs supporting all of the Americas plus Australia & New Zealand (Oceania). This role reports directly to our Head of Global Sales Development, who reports to our Global VP of Sales, and is a direct source of knowledge, inspiration, and career development & progression across the SDR org, and will work with our exceptional People & Enablement teams to continually train, onboard, and mentor new and existing SDRs to drive the volume of fiscal pipeline needed to continue our rapid growth as a Company, and our people pipeline to create the next Rockstar Contenfuler's to help behaviorize our values & culture as we quickly scale.
What to expect?
- Attract, Hire and Retain high performing SDRs at all levels (L1-3 based on capacity requirements) via all available channels (Greenhouse, Referrals, LinkedIn, Self-Sourced)
- Drive a high performance, high accountability culture (remote AND onsite) to achieve and exceed sales development expectations and goals
- Provide strong coaching and mentoring through a deep understanding of Modern Sales, our Contentful business model, and our methodology. This includes creating & sharing best practices on how to engage target audiences and personas, inbound lead follow-up, personalized outbound prospecting at scale, call coaching, objection handling/resolution, and value-based qualification.
- Ensure that members of the SDR team develop the skills they need in order to perform and grow professionally by providing coaching through consistent, actionable & honest feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Work closely with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, and other digital teams supporting the Americas on virtual campaigns and nurture programs
- Work closely with the Sales Directors, and other members of our SDR Leadership team to share insights on how to improve opportunity volume, quality, process, and distribution
- Partner with Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, and the Campaign Team, to develop effective go-to-market outbound cadences via Outreach
- Conduct quarterly, and mid-year performance reviews for direct reports to drive career growth
- Proactively identify and strategically make recommendations for areas of improvement
What you need to be successful?
- 2-3+ years of SDR leadership experience with a track record of excellence leading high performing, pipeline generation, or Inside Sales closing organizations in a fast-growing high technology company
- 2+ years of successful prospecting as an individual contributor
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to lead and influence others by example
- Excellent working knowledge of the tools in today’s modern SDR stack, such as Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, LeadIQ, Outreach.io
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Proficient with sales technology tools including CRM (Salesforce.com experience is strongly preferred), Insight Squared, Google Applications, and Microsoft Office
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of the organization including sales, marketing, product, and engineering.
- Digital marketing and eCommerce experience (CMS, SEO, PPC, Display, Social Media) experience is a plus
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset and strong analytical skills
- Start-up experience preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital product
- Health, vision, dental insurance, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, and a retirement savings plan
- Commuter benefits to help you get to and from work
- A flexible time-off policy and paid holidays
- 16 weeks paid parental leave (after 6 months of employment)
We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career, with extra days off
Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Colorado Salary Statement: The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: $91,000 - $101,400
[This position is eligible for equity awards in accordance with the terms of Contentful’s variable compensation plans.]
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang&Olufson, N26, Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 450 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.