About the opportunity
We are seeking a Manager Markets Compliance
In this role, you will:
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and rules that govern trading business (in stocks, exchange traded funds, funds and other products) and insurance business (e.g. MiFID, MAR, WpHG, WpDVerOV)
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and rules that govern an initial public offering (IPO)
- Ensure implementation of market standards on e.g. prevention of insider dealings, conflicts of interest management, watch- and restricted-list management, prohibition of market abuse, best execution
- Ensure alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. Product, Operations) and within Compliance
- Refine, communicate and feedback Compliance requirements or concerns to business stakeholders (Product, Operations)
- Lead & own initiatives within the Markets Compliance Roadmap
- Ensure strategic cohesion of Compliance strategy with N26 strategy.
- Act as the supporting function to the management of the Compliance Roadmap by: (i) identifying risks, (ii) identifying stakeholders, (iii) removing dependencies, (iv) clarifying requirements, (iv) communicating capacity and time limitations.
- Participate on people management tasks (e.g. deputy team lead, interview processes) as a part of development.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years in advisory/audit on laws, regulations and rules that govern trading business and insurance business (e.g. MiFID, MAR, WpHG, WpDVerOV) in a fintech/banking environment or consulting with focus on trading activities (in stocks, exchange traded funds, funds and other products)
- Master degree in law, economics or equivalent with strong knowledge of laws, regulations and rules that govern trading business and insurance business (e.g. MiFID, MAR, WpHG, WpDVerOV): strong knowledge of laws, regulations and rules that govern an initial public offering (IPO); postgraduate compliance training (e.g. Certified Compliance Professional) of benefit
- Strong knowledge of market standards on e.g. prevention of insider dealings, conflicts of interest management, watch- and restricted-list management, prohibition of market abuse, best execution
- Ability to understand and interpret the following:
- Business interests as Compliance risk
- Compliance interests with business impacts
- Understanding of Bank's legal and regulatory obligations, at a European and local level.
- Desire of experience working in cross-functional teams with diverse incentives.
- Start-up and fintech-compatibility, integrity, reliability, communication, proactivity, assertiveness and a hands on mentality
- Languages: English (C1) needed, German is a plus.
- Actively help yourself (and others) be successful
- Continuously learn and challenge the status quo
- Think globally, act locally
- Strong bias for action
- Give and receive open, direct and timely feedback
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.