About the opportunity
The Authorities Liaison Office is the single point of contact for all authorities and all stakeholders at the Group. The variety of topics ensure a broad exposure to all functions of the business and the most strategically relevant projects to the company.
An opportunity to establish a new team and make an impact on the team’s agenda.
In this role, you will:
- Execute and manage thorough, timely and seamless communication with all regulatory authorities (e.g. German Federal Financial Supervisory Authority, German Bundesbank, European Central Bank, other national competent authorities) as requested by the Management and the Director of Compliance & Licensing.
- Act as interface and point of contact for all stakeholders at the Group related to communication with any regulatory authority (single point of contact).
- Act as a single source for communication with all regulatory authorities with responsibility for proper filing of communication and record keeping.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and rules that govern communication with regulatory authorities.
- Lead & own initiatives within the Compliance Roadmap.
- Ensure strategic cohesion of Compliance strategy with N26 strategy.
- Act as the supporting function to the management of the Compliance Roadmap by: (i) identifying risks, (ii) identifying stakeholders, (iii) removing dependencies, (iv) clarifying requirements, (iv) communicating capacity and time limitations.
- Participate on people management tasks (e.g. deputy team lead) as a part of development.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years in advisory/audit firm, bank or insurance with focus on e.g. communication with regulatory authorities, authorities requests, licensing requirements
- Master degree in law, economics or equivalent with strong knowledge of the regulatory (authorities) environment of a Bank (CRR credit institution) on an european and german level
- Strong communication skills, highest level of thoroughness and care, highest level of integrity.
- Understanding of the Group's legal and regulatory obligations, at a european and local level.
- Ability to understand and interpret the following:
- Business interests as Compliance risk
- Compliance interests with business impacts
- Desire of experience working in cross-functional teams with diverse incentives.
- Start-up and fintech-compatibility, integrity, reliability, communication, proactivity, assertiveness and a hands on mentality
- Languages: German (C1) needed, English (C1) needed.
What’s in it for you:
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of Europe’s most talked about disruptors, and a LinkedIn Germany Top Startup Employer three years running 🚀
- Personal development budget, discounted public transit pass, German language classes, fitness memberships, childcare services, N26 premium bank card, employee loans, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
Founded in 2013, N26 now has 7 million customers in 25 markets. Our talented team works across 8 global offices in Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, New York and São Paulo.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.