At Infarm we have the opportunity to help solve one of the toughest sustainability challenges today: feeding the cities of tomorrow. Our values offer a bit of insight into the culture that helps us work daily towards making this vision a reality. If these values resonate with you, and being part of the urban (r)evolution is something that excites you, you've come to the right place.
You appreciate diversity. You love to be challenged. You are passionate.
Be a part of the urban farming (r)evolution: help redefine what it means to eat well, play a role in reshaping the landscape of cities, and re-empower the people to take ownership of their food.
Who You Are
As the Maintenance/Installation Specialist, you will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and care of our hydroponic farms both at our plant hub and our customer locations across Toronto. You’ll follow clearly defined processes and quality standards to ensure both the physical farm itself and the software are working correctly. You will also work as part of the Installation team responsible for managing the successful installation and testing of infarm’s unique farm systems at our clients’ locations, from local venues to large scale international roll-outs. The Installation team travels extensively to keep up with infarm’s ambitious expansion plans in Canada and the US.
Practical maintenance experience is required as you’ll be solving a variety of technical problems related to pipes, pumps, valves, radiators, irrigation systems, LED lamp units and fans. You’ll also need to combine this, with great communication skills and the basic skills to maintain the smooth running of our software, ‘the brains’ of our urban farms. Previous software/coding skills are not required as training will be provided.
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
- Conduct and successfully complete farm installations on client’s site according to defined procedures and quality standards
- Complete installation reports and document issues through a number of online tools
- Solve any technical problems that may arise related to pipes, pumps, valves, LED lamps and fans
- Help identify, report on and solve basic software issues (training will be provided and more complex software support will be given)
- Service the farms at our customer locations and in our plant hub on bi-weekly basis
- Work with chemicals to mix fertilizer and pH regulating solutions as needed
- As part of our infarm team, you will work closely with our infarm urban farmers and our customers to support the health of our farms
- Follow a defined workflow and schedule
- Use our online reporting system to log your work and any issues with the farms to our head office
- Ensure the safety of yourself and others by following Health and Safety legislation and guidelines
- Good practical maintenance skills both electrical and plumbing
- Valid driver’s license as you’ll be driving to visit our local farms
- Flexible with a pro-active attitude and hands-on approach
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to report issues and record your work
- Strong attention to detail along with a good eye caring for cleanliness around our farms
- Both confident and comfortable working independently as well as part of a team
Special Things We Would Like to See
- Interest in hydroponics systems and software
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing startup that has developed its own innovative growing systems
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 19 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Fresh herbs to take home
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in and strive to grow an inclusive environment focused on promoting mutual respect. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.