Enabling Better Organizations.Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 700 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
The RoleWe are more than a support team. We enable the rapid but sustainable growth of Personio and ensure the financial health and legal stability of the organization. If you want to work and learn in an interdisciplinary team of Finance, Legal and Business Intelligence and want to make a difference from day one, the BIFL team is the right place for you.
Be our go-to person for our Product and Engineering teams and act as a bridge-builder between the product and legal world. Your input will help launch relevant products and features, which meet our customers’ high expectations and help shape what Personio will look like in the future.
What you need to succeed
- Fully qualified German Lawyer (2nd State Exam) or a Master of Laws (LLM) with specialization in Tech and IT-Law
- 5+ years of Post-Qualified Experience across a range of legal disciplines – privacy, cybersecurity, IP, marketing, IT, and labor law
- Strong understanding of the GDPR, open-source software, and cloud services
- Tech-savvy, curiosity-driven, low-ego approach to collaboration, and a willingness to take ownership and push projects to completion
- Being comfortable venturing into uncharted areas of law and tech
- Excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the company on complex, multifaceted issues
- A passion for customers and a drive to deeply understand their varied use-cases with Personio’s technology
- Ability to contextualize risk in terms of pros/cons, potential alternatives, and options for efficient decision making
- Work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to understand and assess new products, features, and technologies, from ideation stages through to a successful launch
- Provide practical and actionable advice that supports the velocity of our business
- Ensure the compliance of Personio’s product and integration ecosystem with legal requirements including data privacy policies
- Review engineering and design specifications for privacy-by-design and privacy-by-default requirements
- Analyze potential legal risks and regulatory requirements
- Work with in-house legal colleagues or external specialists to ensure regulatory compliance and seek their contributions on topics of expertise
- Establish efficient programs to triage, review, and support a range of legal issues coming from fast-moving Engineering and Product teams
- Help your colleagues in the department with all legal matters and negotiations as needed
Why PersonioAside from our people, culture, and mission, there are a variety of additional benefits that help make Personio a great place to work! Work with us and receive:
- Competitive compensation package that includes salary, benefits, and virtual shares
- 26 days of paid vacation + 2 days off for Christmas and New Year's Eve (because we love what we do, but we also love vacation!)
- Inclusive, equal opportunity, and multicultural workplace
- Annual personal development budget of €1,500 for conferences, courses, books, career coach, etc.
- High-impact work environment with short decision-making processes
- Opportunity to invest in your retirement via the Personio Pension Scheme
- Choose between three mobility options: UNU electric scooter, JobRad® bike or monthly public transportation ticket
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership gives you access to 90 fitness studios and sports facilities across Munich for €25 per month
- Regular company and team events like Oktoberfest, ski trips, Christmas parties, and more! (COVID permitting)
- Mental health support, as we know that mental wellbeing plays a major role in both our personal and professional success. #PersonioCares
- Two Impact days you can use to have an impact on the environment and society. One day is for an individual project and one for a company-wide initiative! #SocialResponsibility
- Find your best way to work with office-led, remote-friendly PersonioFlex! We offer a roughly 50% remote, 50% in-office working framework to suit your needs.