About usWe are FRIDAY. Our aim is to offer an insurance that actually benefits our customers’ lives. We are building the first entirely stress-free car insurance - without loads of paperwork, annoying bureaucracy and lengthy contract duration.
For us to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts and senior technologists. We are based in Berlin and benefit from the support and trust of the renowned Swiss Baloise Group.
Are you looking for a job? We would love to hear from you
Do you want to make an impact?
Dealing with the status quo bores you?
Do you have high standards, deliver quality services and processes, and do you always shoot for the stars?
If your answer is "yes", we have a match!
We are looking for an impulse generator to strengthen our Legal & Compliance Department. Exciting and challenging tasks in a constantly changing and international environment await you, as well as a great and committed team that is passionate about driving our company forward to create insurance experiences that customers love.
- Handling a wide variety of legal matters with a focus on consumer law, insurance distribution law, data protection, IT law, labor law
- Developing and improving company-wide compliance standards & guidelines as well as monitoring compliance with legal requirements, internal guidelines, and operational processes
- Advising stakeholders on a wide range of legal issues and supporting the optimization of existing and implementation of new processes
- Project-related interdisciplinary cooperation and coordination with other departments
- Drafting and negotiating complex contracts for innovative business models with domestic and foreign partners
- Explaining complex legal topics in a comprehensible way to non-legal employees
- Working closely with our colleagues in Germany, Luxembourg, Poland, and Switzerland
Your ideal background and skillset
- Fully qualified French lawyer with above-average qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience, e.g. in an internationally active company or internationally active law firm, preferably in the insurance or finance sector or in the insurtech / fintech area
- High social competence, solution-driven, hands-on mentality, team player
- Enjoy working on and solving complex issues combined with the ability to comprehend difficult issues in a comprehensible manner, both verbally and in writing
- A careful, independent, and pragmatic way of working as well as quick comprehension skills
- English and French at a business fluent level, knowledge German is a plus but not required
What you can expect from us:
Our journey is one of the most spectacular success stories in the insurance industry. But most of the time, we prefer to focus on continuing that success story by building insurance experiences customers love. When you join us, you can expect not only an exceptional and ambitious team but a lot more:
- A work environment based on trust, encouragement, and feedback with flat hierarchies and no dress code
- We offer you a competitive salary, flexible working hours, the possibility to work from home as well as a permanent employment contract