Data is transforming the world. It changes traditional businesses and enables innovation which helps create better products, services and customer experiences. At adsquare, we created a neutral and transparent marketplace to enable companies make better marketing decisions that result into more relevant customer engagement. Our real-time platform brings together buyers and sellers of data in a fair, secure and privacy-friendly way. We empower our partners and clients with sophisticated, yet easy to use self-service instruments, putting them in control and ensuring full transparency.
Our platform processes billions of data points, adds a layer of intelligence and helps making data actionable. To achieve this, we gathered international talent sharing the same vision and passion for cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2012, adsquare is a global company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Milan.
Join our mission and have a real impact on the digital marketing landscape.
About the teamWe are currently seeking a Lead Engineer (Measurement), to help senior management drive technical vision, architectural guidance and provide leadership for a team of Backend engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. This is an opening for someone who is passionate about bringing valuable products to our customers! The role sits within the Product- and Tech- organization and directly partners with other Product Owner, UX, Backend/Frontend Engineers, Data team.
You will provide expert consultation in developing smart algorithms and API services for our Measurement solution in conjunction with our Product Owner. You will manage the most complex integration projects, will be an infrastructure expert and be able to communicate concepts and best practices to both technical and non-technical teams.
We are a multi-functional team of driven people with an outstanding team spirit. We are passionate about data, technology and building awesome products – but we also have a good sense of fun and enjoy working together!
Your MissionYou are a senior developer
- You take part in improving and designing a non-trivial system, consisting of API services, jobs processing billions of records, cloud infrastructure and smart algorithms
- You are responsible for the team working on the biggest product at Adsquare and have the opportunity to make a true impact on the company’s results
- You demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clean code
You lead the team
- You aid in planning product development and timelines and drive continuous improvement of your product
- You keep your team members motivated and lead them to success
- You decide how to approach tasks and develop a plan to accomplish them
- You are the key technical contact person for our Product, Sales & Operations teams
- You ensure that the architecture fits the company design
- You work closely with your product owner and your development team
Cross functional responsibilities
- You maintain communication with the other lead engineers to share best practices
- You work closely with the engineering manager and the CTO to drive improvements
- You think learning is part of your job
- You see the value of Agile development and enjoy working in it
- +5 years experience as a software engineer with an emphasis on Java
- You believe in the importance of DevOps and display it by involving yourself in designing, building, deploying and running your software
- You have worked or want to work with AWS (or another public cloud)
- You are able to hold a technical discussion in fluent English; German is an advantage
- You are able to discuss technical concepts and explain them to any audience
- You bring people together
- Having experience in people management is a big plus, being willing to get into it a requirement
- You love working in a team and see value in exchanging ideas
Our Software StackJava 11+, Spring (Boot, Config, Cloud), Terraform, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, AWS (Batch, Lambda, SQS, SNS), BitBucket, Jira, Git, Teamcity…
Why us ?
- You work together with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers
- You have a sensible impact on our strongest product and therefore the success of the growth of the company
- You combine success and fun within a great company culture together with people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours / home office regulations, working in from the headquarters in the start-up centre of Berlin-Mitte in our charming office
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package
Desired start dateImmediately