Data is transforming the world. It changes traditional businesses and enables innovation which helps create better products, services and customer experiences. At adsquare, we created a neutral and transparent marketplace to enable companies make better marketing decisions that result into more relevant customer engagement. Our real-time platform brings together buyers and sellers of data in a fair, secure and privacy-friendly way. We empower our partners and clients with sophisticated, yet easy to use self-service instruments, putting them in control and ensuring full transparency.
Our platform processes billions of data points, adds a layer of intelligence and helps making data actionable. To achieve this, we gathered international talent sharing the same vision and passion for cutting-edge technology. Founded in 2012, adsquare is a global company with headquarters in Berlin and offices in London, Paris, New York, Madrid and Milan.
Join our mission and have a real impact on the digital marketing landscape.
Your MissionAs a Lead Engineer in our Measurement Team you will provide expert consultation in developing smart algorithms and API services for our Measurement solution in conjunction with our Product Owner. You will take ownership of the most complex integration projects, will be an infrastructure expert and be able to communicate concepts and best practices to both technical and non-technical teams.
In this role you will:
- Take part in improving and designing a non-trivial system, consisting of API services, jobs processing billions of records, cloud infrastructure and smart algorithms.
- Be responsible for the team working on the biggest product at Adsquare and have the opportunity to make a true impact on the company’s performance and revenue.
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clean code.
- Aid in planning product development and timelines and drive continuous improvement of your product.
- Take decisions on the way to approach team tasks and develop an efficient plan to accomplish them.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the team-members and encourage them to constantly reach new heights within their career.
- Work closely with the rest of the tech leads and senior engineering leadership team to ensure we're building a highly reusable codebase and be the key technical contact person for our Product, Sales & Operations teams.
- High proficiency in backend engineering, profound knowledge of Java and a deep understanding of the surrounding technology ecosystem.
- Solid experience in building microservices and distributed systems, as well as an understanding of web tech; experience with AWS.
- Proficiency in NoSQL and SQL databases and in high-throughput data-related architecture and technologies (e.g. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop).
- Passion for writing clean, well-maintainable code and eagerness to provide regular code reviews to your peers.
- Understanding of the importance of DevOps and eagerness to be involved in designing, building, deploying and running your software.
- Experience working in agile development (Kanban / Scrum) in multi-functional teams, and eagerness to own the project from the draft to its completion.
- Excellent communication skills, willingness to provide leadership to a small team of engineers and to maintain a collaborative and friendly atmosphere where everyone can learn and grow.
Our Software StackJava 11+, Spring (Boot, Config, Cloud), Terraform, MongoDB, Postgres, Kafka, AWS (Batch, Lambda, SQS, SNS), BitBucket, Jira, Git, Teamcity…
Why us ?
- You work together with a highly motivated and skilled team of top performers.
- You have a sensible impact on our strongest product and therefore the success of the growth of the company.
- You combine success and fun within a great company culture together with people from all over the world.
- You can work within flexible working hours / home office regulations and have an opportunity to work in our charming office in the heart of Berlin.
- You enjoy a competitive remuneration package.